4110 4WD Noise

/ 4110 4WD Noise #1  

gearhead1

Tractor
Kubota B6000
Ok, I read the other 4110 4WD posts....mine is a slight bit different.

I just bought a used 4110 with loader, 762 hours. (I didn't catch the noise when I tested it, guess I had too high rpm on the engine.)

When I have it in 4WD and go in reverse, I hear a knock noise (deep pitch like an engine rod knock). Noise stops when I push in the clutch, so this is defintely drive train. No noise going forward, and no noise in 2WD.

Any recommendations different than the other 4WD posts?

Thanks!

/ 4110 4WD Noise #2  
Sorry
No recommendations come to mind. Doesn't sound "good" but may not be a problem either.

/ 4110 4WD Noise
It's not real loud, so it may be normal......Not being familiar with it makes me ask the question. I don't want to damage it worse by driving it, if it is a problem....

/ 4110 4WD Noise #4  
It's not real loud, so it may be normal......Not being familiar with it makes me ask the question. I don't want to damage it worse by driving it, if it is a problem....

How many hours on your tractor and what type and size tires are on the rear?

/ 4110 4WD Noise #5  
When I have it in 4WD and go in reverse, I hear a knock noise (deep pitch like an engine rod knock). Noise stops when I push in the clutch, so this is defintely drive train. No noise going forward, and no noise in 2WD.

Any recommendations different than the other 4WD posts?

Thanks!

I guess you checked oils in trans and front axle?? An interestiong thing, I got out my owners manual and the front axle uses gear oil. Now I'm wondering, is that what I used for service??? Maybe last owner used the light weight THF in front axle by accident? Of course, I'm sure I used the right stuff in my tractors front axle; I think???

Happy New Year!!!!! It's 10 degrees where I'm at. Where are you Al; I need some heat.

/ 4110 4WD Noise
I ran it more today moving engines and stuff around.....It's got 763 hours, 12-16.5 front and 17.5L-24 rear R4 Industrial tires.

It seems to make the noise in 4WD when I'm turning, not when going straight so it's got to be from the front end then (very deceiving, sounds like it's in the middle). Reminds me of when FWD cars CV joint start to go, they'll click when you turn but quiet when you go straight.

I did not check the fluids other than engine oil because the dealer said they just did a service and checked everything. If I didn't get it from a dealer, I'm so **** about that stuff, I'd have checked everything myself before I used it so I know what I got. I'll be double checking the fluid levels though!

/ 4110 4WD Noise #7  
I'd go back to the dealer and tell him that we have a problem especially seen he said they checked everything.

/ 4110 4WD Noise #8  
I ran it more today moving engines and stuff around.....It's got 763 hours, 12-16.5 front and 17.5L-24 rear R4 Industrial tires.

It seems to make the noise in 4WD when I'm turning, not when going straight so it's got to be from the front end then (very deceiving, sounds like it's in the middle). Reminds me of when FWD cars CV joint start to go, they'll click when you turn but quiet when you go straight.

I did not check the fluids other than engine oil because the dealer said they just did a service and checked everything. If I didn't get it from a dealer, I'm so **** about that stuff, I'd have checked everything myself before I used it so I know what I got. I'll be double checking the fluid levels though!

gearhead,

Check and make sure the bolts holding the front axil to the tractor frame are all there and tight.

/ 4110 4WD Noise #10  
Not sure what axle is on the 4110, but seems like i here that same noise on my 5500 4x4, havent done any checking as of now, but will look at the bolts and etc, and keep and eye on this form.