6000 Clutch problems

/ 6000 Clutch problems #1  

mikewd2

Just was wondering how many people have had to replace their clutch on the Mahindra's. I have a 2002 6000 FWD, with only 189 hours.

My clutch went out and dealer is saying around 1500-2000 to fix. Anyone know if this is in the ballpark.

Don't think I ride the clutch so a bit concerned that its out.

Could being out of adjustment (not having 1 inch of play) be the issue?

thanks for any feedback
mike

/ 6000 Clutch problems #2  
Just was wondering how many people have had to replace their clutch on the Mahindra's. I have a 2002 6000 FWD, with only 189 hours.

My clutch went out and dealer is saying around 1500-2000 to fix. Anyone know if this is in the ballpark.

thanks for any feedback
mike

Are you sure your clutch is not just stuck ( rusted ) as opposed to needing replacement. If you are just not able to shift into a gear there are solutions to that .. try using the search feature at the top of the page and type in " stuck clutch " and you will find a lot of information. You might also want to post what your clutch is doing to enable others to give you better advice. What are the symptoms. ?

/ 6000 Clutch problems #3  
Mine made it 900 hours. I am told the replacement is a better clutch. I think I paid $1200 parts and labor to have mine replaced.

/ 6000 Clutch problems
Sorry for not stating what the tractor is doing.

When I put it it gear forward or reverse it has no power, appears the clutch is slipping. It will go, but very very slow - better in L gear, won't climb even the slightest incline.

mike

/ 6000 Clutch problems #5  
Did you try to adjust the clutch out??? And yes, just leaving you foot against the clutch pedal will put leverage against the clutch plate/flywheel. Barring adjustment (pls attempt to do so before going on...)to bring it into spec, if your dealer says $2000 to replace, you have a choice, get it fixed or do without the tractor. Sorry, but there it is. BobG in VA who also has a 2002 6000 FWD.

/ 6000 Clutch problems #6  

thanks for any feedback
mike
The clutch pedal should have play - absolutely. If it does not it is the same as if youre resting your foot on it. Top play decreases as a clutch wears unless there is corresponding wear [rare] in the lift mechanism/throw out bearing. An inch is nominal, but a little less is ok. If there is none you should adjust it immediately. It may not be worn out or even burnt, but you can be sure its life has been shortened.
larry