Nimco FEL joystick valve diagram and relief valve? And rear remotes?

/ Nimco FEL joystick valve diagram and relief valve? And rear remotes?
How much are the balls? I've kicked around the idea of adding weld and then grinding to shape, but if they are reasonable cost... Can you PM me the cost of the fixed one?

If the ball is the right dimension, perhaps the fitment won't be so sloppy :)

I'm also considering checking with a machinist buddy of mine to make a new "block." I'd rather find a replacement than go through all the setup and perhaps he doesn't have the right size tool...

Thanks!

- JC

I have been pondering the situation with the "block" piece...

If I can't find one, I may be able to machine an insert to cover the bottom of the tapered slot and drill/tap for some allen screws to hold it in place. That should allow me to tighten it when installed.

I did a test last night. I clipped a small pair of vise grips on the bottom of the block so that it would hold the ball in the slot. The joystick worked very well.

If I can get a pivot post and make this insert, I may be in business. I'm still hoping someone responds to my request for the mechanical valve parts, though :D

- JC

If I were you, I'd go directly to NIMCO Nimco Controls

Yeah, I emailed them over the weekend. Hope for a reply. Galen is also checking on something for me, too.

Thanks for the suggestion and the site!

- JC

These "ball studs" (proper non-hydraulic industry term) wouldn't happen to be standard 10mm would they?

If so, maybe a stainless steel replacement would be better to avoid future rust issues?

- JC

Okay, as far as I can tell from measurements while on the machine, it is a 13mm ball stud. The closest stainless one I have found is this one at suspa.com

I don't have a price or availability yet...

Attachments

• Ball stud-suspa_com.jpg
    Ball stud-suspa_com.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 696
I finally got a reply from Nimco. The info was quite helpful, so I am posting it here for others to reference.

Attached is a drawing of the 10373-2S.
It is CV112 power beyond unit.
This is an older version of our valve configuration.
There is no relief valve in this unit. Reference # 5 is a solid plug that would accommodate a MRV.
There is an option for RV is this valve. The only option is fixed RV.
Currently the only RV we have available are.
10900-4K-140 set @ 140bar - 2030 psi
10900-4K-150 set @ 150bar - 2175 psi

You will need to contact one of our dealers or Mahindra for parts.

I have a PDF drawing of the valve now. If anyone needs it, let me know.

Since there isn't a relief valve, where would it be on the tractor?

I have requested a drawing that includes the mechanical portion of the valve, too.

Thanks!

- JC

Nimco redesigned their joystick to add a pin to the socket to hold the ball in place (actually for all three balls).

In the attached picture, you can see the orange highlights are the pieces concerned. I need the orange ball stud (13mm, 5/16" thread, 1.54" overall, .75" thread length). Considering a stainless steel to prevent rust.

The darkened gray is the back part of the overall housing for all the sockets for the balls. Just under (backside that you can't see) is the tapered slot where the ball stud fits.

Hope this diagram helps someone else, too.

Edit: Here are the parts I need.

Item #8, "Ball Screw, 1409-3052"
Item #12, "Left H. Joint, 1409-3054"

- JC

Attachments

• Nimco Joystick-colored pins.JPG
    Nimco Joystick-colored pins.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 3,965
Last edited: