Nimco FEL joystick valve diagram and relief valve? And rear remotes?

/ Nimco FEL joystick valve diagram and relief valve? And rear remotes? #1  

DiskDoctr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510
I've searched but can't find this info. I am looking for a diagram of the Nimco joystick valve used on the FEL of my 2004 3510 (Shuttle shift).

I have read it has an adjustable relief and it already has the PB plumbed to the included rear remote.

I want to check then adjust the relief, and add to the rear remote for TnT. I have the hydraulic toplink from CCM some years back and would like to add tilt.

If there is a post on how to adjust the relief (where/how), I didn't find it.

I may add a hydraulic angle for a back blade and york rake in the near future. Maybe go with a 3 position selector off the existing remotes and use the in-built lever for controlling? I can live with adjusting one at a time.

Thanks!

- JC

/ Nimco FEL joystick valve diagram and relief valve? And rear remotes? #2  
3510 valve body.png

#4 is the relief
Not sure if this is your valve or not..

/ Nimco FEL joystick valve diagram and relief valve? And rear remotes?
Thanks for the reply. I believe the valve is Nimco 10339-2S

Here is a pic I posted in another post

How do I adjust the relief? Tighten the (jamb nut?) I can't tell from the image if it is a nut or a screw.

And where would you suggest I put a gauge while adjusting?

Sorry so many questions. I have used equipment with hydraulics for 30 years, but don't normally do more on the hydraulics than change filters, fluids, hoses, and occasionally a pump :) I understand the principles, but am new to the internals used.

I feel stupid even asking :eek:

Attachments

• FELvalve1-sm.jpg
    FELvalve1-sm.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,818
   / Nimco FEL joystick valve diagram and relief valve? And rear remotes? #4  
If I remember right you have the one that is none adjustable.
I thinking.......

If I remember right you have the one that is none adjustable.
I thinking.......

That would be bad news. Would some additional pics help?

From what I (thought) I read in other posts, I thought this one was adjustable and the Prince was not. But there seems to be some questions about it- one of the reasons I was hoping someone has the diagram and/or info :)

If it isn't adjustable, then I would have to adjust it on the tractor, right? Again, this is all from other posts.

Thanks

- JC

Sorry, I was wrong about the model Number. It is 10373-2s. See the pics for part nums, left side and top views. They are from my cell, so not the best.

Attachments

• Nimcosn.jpg
    Nimcosn.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,760
  • Nimcoleft-sm.jpg
    Nimcoleft-sm.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 607
  • Nimcotop-sm.jpg
    Nimcotop-sm.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 908
   / Nimco FEL joystick valve diagram and relief valve? And rear remotes? #7  
Why do you think you need to increase your working pressure? As far as checking your pressure, you can check it at the rear remotes or one of the loader ports. The pressure relief on your valve is the hex that shows in your middle picture, but it isn't adjustable. The tractor pressure can be increased but it should be checked first to see if it is indeed below specs and it is no simple job, as the adjustment is internal.

Galen,

Thanks for the reply.

The FEL feels under powered and sluggish. I've asked a few Q's in the past, but now am going to get into figuring it out. This week I followed another's advice and reseated the screw holding the spring on the bottom of the up/down valve.

I am also shortly to be adding a tilt to compliment my hydraulic top link, possibly an additional set of ports to angle a back blade and york rake.

I am looking hard at a QA for the FEL, too.

In short, this is the year to get some equipment geared up for use. Been using it some, but expect to increase a bunch this year. I want to get everything in optimum working condition.

This past summer the mechanical part of the FEL valve ("ball mounts") rusted and popped out while on a job. I didn't realize water was getting in through the boot. Makes sense now, but didn't think about it before. I fixed it.

I'm not thrilled with the movement of this joystick. Straight forward and back for up/down is okay, but more like 10 o'clock and 4 o'clock for bucket roll. I don't know if this was normal before and it just started to bother me or if the valve needs work. I've been running the Case 580K TLB and JD 455D loader/backhoe a fair amount.

I picked up another brush hog and bigger york rake this fall, too. We resurrected a back blade in this snow storm.

I have considered replacing this valve, but money is tight. I figured if I worked on getting the front hydraulics operating at peak performance, I could either work on or repair the valve (whatever it takes), or replace it if it was still unsatisfactory.

The curl/dump is very slow. I had even asked before about upgrading the pump to a higher volume one, but the replies weren't very supportive of that idea (helpful, but didn't seem to think it was a good idea)

Don't get me wrong. Out of a bunch of equipment we have and others I run, my 3510 is my favorite :D It was the first NEW piece of equipment I bought. I've always bought others' leftovers. Guess that's just my lot in life. No complaints ;)

So there's a long story about it. It's okay, but could and I think should be better.

And IMHO, there isn't a more helpful and more knowledgeable group to ask. I've been away from the site for a while, was spending time working away from home and had some medical issues.

I am really anxious to get this in tip top shape. Have almost 40 hrs on her in the past 2 weeks with the snow.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to help out. It's really appreciated!

- JC

Well, I think I found the problems with the FEL joystick valve.

It is all mechanical.

There are three pivot points in this Nimco joystick. Two on the Right side and one on the Left.

The Up/Down spool is on the Right, the curl/dump spool is on the left.

Essentially, the left pivot ball is for up/down and the top right is for curl/dump. The third one on the bottom right is a fixed pivot point for both motions.

It is the fixed point that is the problem. It is designed so the ball fits into a socket that is a tapered slot from top to bottom. Apparently, you are supposed to insert the ball into the top portion of the slot and it isn't supposed to be able to slide out the bottom of the slot.

Mine had a bunch of rust and junk in it this summer (I didn't know the rubber boot leaked) and it was rough working for a while. This seems to have contributed at least in part to the problem.

The third ball is worn out of round and the slot taper appears a bit deformed. This allows the joystick housing (a single piece that houses all the ball sockets and the joystick handle threads into) to lift up instead of being a fixed point when curling the bucket.

Without being a fixed pivot point, when curling the bucket, the joystick also pulls up slightly on the up/down spool. This leads to unwanted raising action much of the time while curling, AND WEAKENS AND SLOWS THE CURL action (splitting flow to both spools).

Tonight I consciously pushed down on the joystick while moving it directly to 9 o'clock position and it worked great with good power. If I don't push down, I have to push to about 10 or 11 o'clock to get curl and then it is weak as described above.

I also found the trick to inserting the balls into the sockets. I'll post those in another post when I get some pics. Sorry, didn't have my cellphone with me on the tractor tonight.

I've posted in Hydraulics to see if anyone has a broken Nimco Joystick Valve for the FEL. If so, perhaps I can replace my worn mechanical parts.

The main part with all the sockets appears to be cast? (anyone know for sure?)

Thanks!

- JC

/ Nimco FEL joystick valve diagram and relief valve? And rear remotes? #10  
I believe that the you are correct about the socket part being cast. I believe I stock the balls as some have had problems with them, but I don't believe I have ever sold the socket part.