2615hst electrical/ starting problem

/ 2615hst electrical/ starting problem #1  

NorthCrossWood

Tractor
Mahindra 2615 hst
I have a 2615 that has been sitting most of winter (under an open sided shed) and the last time I went to start it the battery was dead.
With new battery in, the first time I turned the key the dash lights (glow plug-indicator) came on. When I turned key to start position all I got was a clicking sound from behind seat on right side (fuel pump?)

subsequent tries: strange electrical sound in dash and clicking again. then, now no dash lights of any kind. or any sign of electrical life.

checked battery charge, it is okay. also checked 60 and 50 amp line fuses, those seem okay as well. fuses all seem okay.

new at the tractor thing, any little bit helps.

thanks

/ 2615hst electrical/ starting problem #2  
Check your battery connections and ground cable to the frame.

/ 2615hst electrical/ starting problem #3  
yup, sounds like a bad terminal connection or ground, also , buy a battery tender, My 2615 was sitting in an unheated garage for a month, and started right up...

/ 2615hst electrical/ starting problem
checked the connections... tight and corrosion free. any way to determine this is the problem other than a visual check?
what does the battery tender do?
btw thanks for quick reply

/ 2615hst electrical/ starting problem #5  
Did you check where the ground cable attaches to the frame?? I had that problem pop up on a 2615 I sold a year or so ago.

yeah, checked that too, it was tight, and no sign of corrosion there either (at least in the failing afternoon light)

/ 2615hst electrical/ starting problem #7  
Try the connection to the starter... A battery tender is a type of charger that once it charges the battery, keeps it fully sharced so it won't sulfate. About $25 at TSC. If you are going to leave a battery unused or out for the winter, they are supposed to keep them up, and prolong their life. I an using my first one on the mahindra and can really see a big difference

/ 2615hst electrical/ starting problem #8  
Try the connection to the starter... A battery tender is a type of charger that once it charges the battery, keeps it fully sharced so it won't sulfate. About $25 at TSC. If you are going to leave a battery unused or out for the winter, they are supposed to keep them up, and prolong their life. I an using my first one on the mahindra and can really see a big difference

Are you using cables that are permanently attached to your battery, and that plug into the tender? Or are you making a direct connection with clamps? I have the clamp-on style which I use on my mower battery. That type isn't convenient for use on the tractor, due to difficult access.

/ 2615hst electrical/ starting problem #9  
I purchased a Schumacher brand tender. It has both the clamps as well as the ring connectors that go onto the terminals. The quick connect has a cover on it to prevent shorting.

So far I have scrubbed and greased battery terminals, checked wires going in and out of starter and none of those things have seemed to do anything.

wouldnt dash lights come on even if power wasnt getting to starter? considering removing dash panel, but intimidated by what might be in there.

gonna try tapping on the starter this morning too.