Warning- short circuit possibility

/ Warning- short circuit possibility #1  

DiskDoctr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510
Doing some maintenance today and finally decided to take a look at why my horn and front lights didn't work, and found a blown fuse.

So I started checking the wiring and found this short in the piece of wire connecting the left front headlamp to the wiring harness.

It rubs the edge of the air filter housing (see pic) and wore through the insulation, creating a short and blowing the fuse.

I removed the short section of wire and all is well. I will repair the wire and put it back in, along with a little creative wear protection. Haven't decided what yet...

Thought this would be something others with 3510 or 4110 would want to check on their machines before they have a similar problem.

- JC

Attachments

• headlight short-sm.jpg
    headlight short-sm.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 224
  • air filter short area-sm.jpg
    air filter short area-sm.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 205
   / Warning- short circuit possibility #2  
Thanks! I am putting the trickle charger on my 4110 tonight and I will trace the wires take action if needed. I have some wire loom that should do the trick.

/ Warning- short circuit possibility
Hopefully it's that simple ;)

- JC

/ Warning- short circuit possibility
Guess what? My tach now works!

I was going to check the ground as mentioned by others, but since I found this short and fixed it, my tach has started to work again. It hasn't worked for about 2 yrs....

I will still check the ground, since that is a known problem.

- JC