Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 6000 MWFD, 2 1950's Farmalls, 1974 Farmall 140, 1967 Mf 135Delux

Default Finally a new battery....

Well, my 6 or 7 year old original battery in my 6000 gave up the ghost in the last couple of weeks...(as you may have heard, we in the Mid Atlantic are having a very early spring...(grin)), I got a series 65-2 with 1000 amps and 850 CCAs to replace the original. I got the battery at Advance Auto for about $100 plus tax...Hope it lasts as long as the original..BobG in VA

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2516

Default Re: Finally a new battery....

Isn't the price of batteries crazy?!?! I just bought one for one of my motorcycles. Makes me want a kickstart lol.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

I thought I might have to put a new battery in the 2003 BX1500.
    Turns out all it was is a loose battery cable .
    Tightened the cable and it is good to go .
    Quote Originally Posted by BobG_in_VA View Post
    Well, my 6 or 7 year old original battery in my 6000 gave up the ghost in the last couple of weeks...(as you may have heard, we in the Mid Atlantic are having a very early spring...(grin)), I got a series 65-2 with 1000 amps and 850 CCAs to replace the original. I got the battery at Advance Auto for about $100 plus tax...Hope it lasts as long as the original..BobG in VA
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    Mahindra 5500 4WD, 275 FEL

Had my 5500 4x4 for little over 4 years now, it still has the original battery, sure as soon as i brag about it it will go bad.

Silver Member

I am going to have to post a thread on a battery rejuvenator that I have. It helps bring back to life some weak and old batteries. It cleans the plates and restores the electrolyte.

Right not I am bringing back to life my Bobcat welder/generator battery. I thought it was a sealed battery and turns out to be a wet cell. The battery was empty and totally dead. When I started the restore process the electrolyte was 0 in each cell. Yesterday I had 2 floating balls in 2 cells and 1 ball in the rest. I will see how it looks today. I did a load test on the battery yesterday and passed in the green. I plan to install it today and see how it works.

I have brought back a few batteries from the dead. This thing works for me. I will work on that thread.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3510

Quote Originally Posted by ETpilot View Post
    I am going to have to post a thread on a battery rejuvenator that I have. It helps bring back to life some weak and old batteries. It cleans the plates and restores the electrolyte.

Right not I am bringing back to life my Bobcat welder/generator battery. I thought it was a sealed battery and turns out to be a wet cell. The battery was empty and totally dead. When I started the restore process the electrolyte was 0 in each cell. Yesterday I had 2 floating balls in 2 cells and 1 ball in the rest. I will see how it looks today. I did a load test on the battery yesterday and passed in the green. I plan to install it today and see how it works.

I have brought back a few batteries from the dead. This thing works for me. I will work on that thread.
    I've seen some of those. Is the one you are using a pulsed one? I was going to build one at one time, but the info was sketchy. Can you post the link to your thread, I didn't see it.

- JC
    Mahindra 3510 FEL, 72" BB, 84" RFM, 66" Tiller, York rake, brush hog, MF TO20 4sale; '58 Cletrac OC-2 4sale

Silver Member

Sorry, I have not had the time to post it. Will do so in the next day or so. This is a simple device easy to make and it seems to work.

My Bobcat battery is working like new.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by DiskDoctr View Post
    I've seen some of those. Is the one you are using a pulsed one? I was going to build one at one time, but the info was sketchy. Can you post the link to your thread, I didn't see it.

- JC
    See this thread.
    Battery Rejuvenator