Oil & Fuel frustrated. hydro filter change issue 4035

/ frustrated. hydro filter change issue 4035 #1  

donawilcox

Tractor
still looking
why are something that is so simple can be so frustrated. I was changing my filter for the first time today. did not give a lot of room but finally got wrench on and got the old one off. There are hoses that are at the back of the filter that make it tight. I put the new filter up and can not get it to thread on. the filter threads do not look like they were cut the best so thought I would put the old one back on. but it will not start either. It is hard to see the threads but have seen some shavings that came off the threads on the tractor. It somewhat appears the threads are messed up on the tractor side but it hard to see. Then again with the lines so close it may be keeping me from getting it on straight. did not have any tools so threw my hands up for tomorrow. and will drop the manifold to see if that is my problem. Any one that has a 4035 had this issue? Of coarse if it is the tractor side stripped I am stuck. The bucket is down and the plow is down on the back. Not going to be easy to get on a trailer to take it to the dealer.

Comments please.

/ frustrated. hydro filter change issue 4035 #2  
Can you remove the lines that are not letting it stay straight?
hugs, Brandi