Factory headlight switch

/ Factory headlight switch #1  

MtnViewRanch

Elite Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,
Anyone with either a 2815HST, 3215, or 3215HST have a 3 position headlight switch? The owners manual says that the headlight switch is 3 position. Off, dash-running lights, head lights including all lights. Oh and a dimmer switch for the high-low beams that I don't have either.:( My 3215HST tractor has a 2 position on-off switch. I was just wondering if any of you had a 3 position light switch. Maybe the 16 series has the 3 position switch? It would be nice to only have the dash lights on without having the headlights bouncing off of the fel bucket while driving. I can see great with my canopy lights, maybe I need to just cut the headlight wires.

Attachments

• IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 192
   / Factory headlight switch #2  
My switch is a two position light switch like yours with the turn signal switch underneath. In my owner's manual (page 23) it lists it as a two position switch as well. All the pictures through out my manual that display the dash show it looking just like yours. Could not find any mention of three way switch. I have a hazard lights push in switch located above the ignition key.

/ Factory headlight switch
On page 23, just above the pic of the light switch it says

"3. LAMP SWITCH Three position switch as follows"

It goes on to say that unclockwise turns on the dash and rear lamps and clockwise turns everything on. Use dimmer switch to dim or brighten the head lamps.

My light switch does not move to the unclockwise position, and I do not have any dimmer switch. :mad:

And what is unclockwise? I think that it's supposed to be anticlockwise. ;)

/ Factory headlight switch #4  
It goes on to say that unclockwise turns on the dash and rear lamps and clockwise turns everything on. Use dimmer switch to dim or brighten the head lamps.

My light switch does not move to the unclockwise position, and I do not have any dimmer switch. :mad:

I prefer, counter-clockwise. However, the DJ's at the skating rink refer to it as the regular direction.

I prefer, counter-clockwise. However, the DJ's at the skating rink refer to it as the regular direction.

I have to agree, counter clockwise is the correct term. :thumbsup: I'm :eek:

/ Factory headlight switch #6  

Brain,
Unclockwise:confused: is right up there with the word "Hooter" ;)in my manual. Seems they mean the "horn".:confused2:
hug, Brandi

/ Factory headlight switch #7  

Brian, Maybe you got a newer manual meant for the 3316. Does the 3316 have a 3 way switch? Interesting feature to be able to dim the head lights.:confused: Possibly meant for hunting? :)

Brian, Maybe you got a newer manual meant for the 3316. Does the 3316 have a 3 way switch? Interesting feature to be able to dim the head lights.:confused: Possibly meant for hunting? :)

Well the manual says that it is for a 2815HST, 3215, 3215HST and as far as dimming the lights, I'm guessing that they are talking about high beam and low beam that we don't have.:( Have you noticed that there are blank spots on the reflector housing for additional lights that they do not use? Maybe a place for turn signals, but are not used?

/ Factory headlight switch #9  
Well, the wiring diagram I have for the 2815/3215 only show a two position switch plus it shows the horn as being an option and no dimmer switch shown that I can find. Another case where you have two departments working on the same tractor and not talking to each other, these options are probably only something that is offered for the Japanese market.

I was told by my dealer that the Japanese versions are very nice and that they have many items that simply are not offered here in the states.