2615 Hydraulic filter/fluid

/ 2615 Hydraulic filter/fluid #1  

dtsdryseats

Tractor
Mahindra 2615
:confused: I have a 2615 (gear) tractor. I recently replaced the hydraulic fluid and filter for the first time. I used a wix 51663 filter and traveler universal hyd fluid from TSC
Traveller Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid, 5 gal. - 0806391 | Tractor Supply Company
It may be in my head but it almost seems like I am getting a hyd pump cavitation at higher RPM's now? The Wix filter is about 1/3 again shorter than the stock filter and I am not 100% convinced that the fluid is correct, though the dealer I bought it from recommended any 32 hydraulic fluid?

Can anyone enlighten me on my situation?

Thanks!

/ 2615 Hydraulic filter/fluid #2  
It may be in my head but it almost seems like I am getting a hyd pump cavitation at higher RPM's now? The Wix filter is about 1/3 again shorter than the stock filter and I am not 100% convinced that the fluid is correct, though the dealer I bought it from recommended any 32 hydraulic fluid?

Can anyone enlighten me on my situation?

Thanks!

You probably are cavitating the pump, and that is real hard on pump life. I'd use the factory filter. I'm not familiar with the specs on the TSC hy-trans, we recommend the factory branded Mahindra Hy-Trans, or Chevron THF-1000 or Mobil 424.