Tires 6500 fuse box?

/ 6500 fuse box? #1  

swiftboot

Silver Member
Tractor
long 460, Mahindra 6500 fwd/FEL
While mowing, i shut down before disengaging the pto. As the engine stopped, of course i got a bucking movement as the mower blade stopped. Now it will not start, i have moved the pto lever to different places but still won't start. (nothing, ziltch when i turn the key) just like the pto is still engaged. I did notice a small red light just above the voltmeter when the key is turned on (never noticed this before) fuel gauge works. The lights, flasher or otherwise will not work either, actually hear some kind of quiet humming when the hazard switch is turned on. I suspect i have a blown fuse but cannot find my manual, My question is where is the fuse box on the 6500?? I included all these symptoms in the event someone may recognize the problem and could be of assistance. thanks, chuck

/ 6500 fuse box?
Okay, i found the fuse box and checked fuses, all six are good. Afterwards tried the hazards and they would work fine, so tried to start, a click like a dead battery and then nothing, no lights, nothing not even the fuel gauge. I am now thinking a possible dead battery, but how do you get to it,,,,,,,what to remove, found my manual but still no instructions on that. thanks, chuck

/ 6500 fuse box? #3  
Okay, i found the fuse box and checked fuses, all six are good. Afterwards tried the hazards and they would work fine, so tried to start, a click like a dead battery and then nothing, no lights, nothing not even the fuel gauge. I am now thinking a possible dead battery, but how do you get to it,,,,,,,what to remove, found my manual but still no instructions on that. thanks, chuck

Swiftboot,
Look under each lever to make sure the wiring connectors are plugged in good and tight. My 6520 had a connector pull out after a limb snagged the wire. Shut it down.....went in for lunch and it was dead to the world after lunch. It was the neutral switch connector.
hugs, Brandi

/ 6500 fuse box?
Thanks for the reply Brandi. I finally pulled off the front and jumped the battery, could only get a little juice, enough to start to turn the engine. I pulled the battery for a replacement, i suspect this is the problem although it went out without much warning. I will post back if the battery is the fix for this thing, just to let everyone know. chuck

/ 6500 fuse box? #5  
Thanks for the reply Brandi. I finally pulled off the front and jumped the battery, could only get a little juice, enough to start to turn the engine. I pulled the battery for a replacement, i suspect this is the problem although it went out without much warning. I will post back if the battery is the fix for this thing, just to let everyone know. chuck

Swiftboot,
How old is that battery? When not using the Big RED Beast for more than a couple of days, I have the battery hooked up to a trickle charger. I have wired in quick disconnects to the terminals that are right below the edge of the platform, so I don't have to swing the battery box out to hook up the trickle charger. This battery is going on 4 years.
hugs, Brandi

/ 6500 fuse box?
Looking for a replacement now, looks like 996 cca or someting approximate should work. I guess this battery is going on 4 years as well. I dont have power where i keep the tractor so cant use a trickle charger, this is first time of any indication of failure. Living in the sunshine state, i dont have those awfully cold mornings to start. I do have a trickle charger on my motorcycle so know the value one is to a battery. I have to pull off the front grill guard to get battery then another trim peice below that, the battery then sits about 3-4 inches down in and has to be lifted and slid out the side, trust me its a real biotch to get in and out. chuck

/ 6500 fuse box? #7  
Looking for a replacement now, looks like 996 cca or someting approximate should work. I guess this battery is going on 4 years as well. I dont have power where i keep the tractor so cant use a trickle charger, this is first time of any indication of failure. Living in the sunshine state, i dont have those awfully cold mornings to start. I do have a trickle charger on my motorcycle so know the value one is to a battery. I have to pull off the front grill guard to get battery then another trim peice below that, the battery then sits about 3-4 inches down in and has to be lifted and slid out the side, trust me its a real biotch to get in and out. chuck

Chuck,
Then you need a solar trickle charger. My battery box swings out above the right step to access the hydraulic filters.
hugs, Brandi

/ 6500 fuse box? #8  
Make sure you check your battery to chassis ground connection as well. Make sure it's secure with no corrosion.

/ 6500 fuse box?
Brandi If you get a chance to check out the location of battery on 6500 with the loader in the down position, i think you will really appreciate where your battery box is located. lol Mister, thanks for the reminder about the ground, i did check it and its solid with no corrosion. I keep the tractor under one of those canvas type canopy dealies and its located in the shade, no direct sunlight gets to it except momentarily as it moves across the sky. You guys have some great ideas, never even thought of a solar powered deal. chuck

/ 6500 fuse box? #10  
Brandi If you get a chance to check out the location of battery on 6500 with the loader in the down position, i think you will really appreciate where your battery box is located. lol Mister, thanks for the reminder about the ground, i did check it and its solid with no corrosion. I keep the tractor under one of those canvas type canopy dealies and its located in the shade, no direct sunlight gets to it except momentarily as it moves across the sky. You guys have some great ideas, never even thought of a solar powered deal. chuck

Chuck,
You can mount the solar powered charger on a short pole by the canvas covered tractor.
hugs, Brandi