how to bleed fuel lines

/ how to bleed fuel lines #11  
I agree with everything said here except loosening all the injector lines. It only takes one.

/ how to bleed fuel lines #12  
That is the way I was shown so I've always done it this way. Next time (hopefully there is no next time) I'll just try with one ;)

Thanks for the help though!

I agree with everything said here except loosening all the injector lines. It only takes one.

/ how to bleed fuel lines #13  
I should mention that I tried cracking open an injector, but no fuel ever came out. I cranked it 3 or 4 times (15 sec at a time, with several minute breaks to let the starter rest a little).

The cock valve on the injector pump is awesome. Tractor started on the first try (cranked 10 sec or so), and I never even got any fuel on my hands. :)

Or that would be a :( for the grease monkeys.

:laughing:

- djb

/ how to bleed fuel lines #14  
Ya know this is all new to me. I have a 2810, and have run it dry several times the first week i took delivery. The only thing i did was put fuel in the filter , tighten it up, get on and turn the key. A couple of seconds later it started and i was in business again. This is the easiest tractor i have ever started in this situation. Love my Mahindra! . . .John

Attachments

• 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 616
  • 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    908.7 KB · Views: 1,008
   / how to bleed fuel lines #15  
The recomended proceedure really is easier then that.

/ how to bleed fuel lines #16  
On my1860, changed both fuel filters..i have a small air bubble in the top filter...will this cause a problem...engine starts, a little rough at first but then seems to run smother ....Thanks for your help

/ how to bleed fuel lines #17  
I always start my tractor and let it warm up before changing the fuel filter. If I have a loss of power when using it, I just shut it down as soon as I can get it back to the shop. I only have one small filter with the plastic site glass and two bleed screws and shut off valve. I shut the fuel off loosen the glass and drop the filter, catching any spillage. After cleaning the glass and filter area I install new filter but I DO NOT tighten the filter. When it is almost tight I turn the fuel on and watch that the glass fills. When full I tighten the glass and start engine at a high idle and run until the air if any is out. I never used the screws on the filter to bleed, or cracked the injector lines. If I was going to crack the injector lines, it would be the furtherest from the pump. After 3 diesel tractors and 4 diesel trucks I think I have it down now!!!!