Backhoe how to relieve pressure on hyd. lines

/ how to relieve pressure on hyd. lines #1  

kh48

Have a 2415 4wd with a 1710b mahindra backhoe. took backhoe off 6 months ago and tried to hook it back up to tractor but could not connect hoses from
bh to tractor there was pressure in the lines going to bh. I have 2 female and one male connections from bh that have pressure. whats the best way to release psi I rapped all three in plastic bags and sealed. bh is setting on gravel bucket is extened and setting on top of gravel pile.

/ how to relieve pressure on hyd. lines #2  
You took it off when the weather was cold/cool and now it is hot. The oil expanded in the hose due to the heat. Since you tried tapping on the ends and no use, take a few wrenches and loosen the couplers/fittings. Often just need to do one hose.

/ how to relieve pressure on hyd. lines #3  
Turn tractor off, push valves back and forth to make sure no pressue. Take male end rap with rag and push on a object, (such as a wrench laying on ground) try to hook again. Repeat if needed.

/ how to relieve pressure on hyd. lines #4  
I don't see how you will be able to connect to the backhoe when the bucket is on top of a gravel pile. It needs to be fully extended, I believe.

/ how to relieve pressure on hyd. lines #5  
Turn tractor off, push valves back and forth to make sure no pressue. Take male end rap with rag and push on a object, (such as a wrench laying on ground) try to hook again. Repeat if needed.

Like Mmurphy stated above, move the BH control levers back and forth and sideways and the pressure will bleed down. Then you can hook up the hoses to the tractor.
hugs, Brandi

/ how to relieve pressure on hyd. lines #6  
Like Mmurphy stated above, move the BH control levers back and forth and sideways and the pressure will bleed down. Then you can hook up the hoses to the tractor.
hugs, Brandi

Don't know if you got this to work, but Brandi is right. Just move controls all around and it will relieve the pressure. Then once you hook them up it can be adjusted with the hydraulics to level it out again.

/ how to relieve pressure on hyd. lines #7  
Hi Tim!
Where have you been hiding?:confused2:
hugs, Brandi

/ how to relieve pressure on hyd. lines #8  
normaly bh's only 2 lines ,pressure and return so i just connect the 2 together .as to how relieve the pressure move the valves if that dosn't do it you have to depress the small valve in the connector. be very careful the fuild will fly all over

/ how to relieve pressure on hyd. lines #9  
What about releasing the pressure via the FEL valve? would that "decompress" the hydraulics? If there is pressure in the Hoe itself, then you will have to release that pressure to hook it back up. im to used to skidsteers where you either turn the key backwards or move the joystick back and forth to release the pressure.

/ how to relieve pressure on hyd. lines #10  
What about releasing the pressure via the FEL valve? would that "decompress" the hydraulics? If there is pressure in the Hoe itself, then you will have to release that pressure to hook it back up. im to used to skidsteers where you either turn the key backwards or move the joystick back and forth to release the pressure.

JohnDeere3720,
Depending on the plumbing installation, that might now be enough. Move the remote levers and pressure will bleed down.
hugs, Brandi