New 8560

/ New 8560 #1  

swhouston

Tractor
Mahindra 8560, Kubota 3000
Today was my second time out on my new 8560 (4wd, w/loader) - I love it - I'm pulling a heavy duty Rhino cutter (7') - agonized over red vs. orange

Have a smaller orange tractor - it has been a workhorse with almost no probs

So far so good on the Mahindra - the cutter weighs about 1,850 lbs in 3 pt config - no sweat for this tractor

Love the forward/reverse shuttle - my old tractor doesn't have this feature - makes moving dirt around MUCH easier

I'm new to the forum, so howdy to fellow Mahindra owners

/ New 8560 #2  
SWHOUSTON/AKA:SUGAR LAND
Congrats! Play safe." Pic's when you can." Did you get one with a cab? :thumbsup:
Boone

/ New 8560
Didn't go with a cab - just the tractor w/loader

Attachments

• IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 281
   / New 8560 #5  
Didn't go with a cab - just the tractor w/loader

SWhouston,
Welcome to TBN.:) Will you be getting a canopy? I didn't realize trees got that tall down in Sugarland.:confused2: Exactly where was the photo taken?:confused:
hugs, Brandi

/ New 8560
We've got lots of big trees in my neighborhood, in fact the name the development is Greatwood - but the pic is from my property near Trinity, TX. Good eye!

/ New 8560
Almost forgot - thanks for the "Welcome" and I probably wont get a canopy due to the amount of trees/limbs I'll be working around

/ New 8560 #8  
We've got lots of big trees in my neighborhood, in fact the name the development is Greatwood - but the pic is from my property near Trinity, TX. Good eye!

I thought that photo's background looked more like my neighborhood than Sugarland.
As for limbs and a canopy, I keep a pair of nippers behind my seat and trim limbs as I get near to them. But you can't catch everything while working the tractor hard. I caught a large limb on the canopy and bent it a little. But overall the canopy is worth it. I added work lights under the front of the canopy so I can finish that loader work past dark.
hugs, Brandi

/ New 8560
Thanks for the suggestion - what canopy do you have on your unit?

/ New 8560 #10  
Thanks for the suggestion - what canopy do you have on your unit?
SWHouston,
My unit? That is a funny thing to call the Big RED Beast! I don't know what brand the canopy is. It is aluminum diamond plate over insulation with a steel frame. The forward and aft work lights and temperature guage mount to the angle iron frame. It cost $349.00 back in 2007.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 4-19-07 Canopy finally installed.jpg
    4-19-07 Canopy finally installed.jpg
    570.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 4-13-08 Canopy forward work lights ops ck.jpg
    4-13-08 Canopy forward work lights ops ck.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 237