New 5035

/ New 5035 #1  

Bascom

Silver Member
Tractor
2010 Mahindra 5035
Pulled the trigger on a 5035 a few weeks ago and finally got it delivered this past Thursday. It's everything I wanted and then some. Got in just over 6 hours of rotary mower and bucket work over the weekend. Not the first tractor I've operated, but the first I've owned.

Tires are filled and I've a rotary tiller as well. Will continue to update this thread with pics and info as time goes along. Saving for a grapple and implements!

Attachments

• tractor.jpg
    tractor.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 399
   / New 5035 #2  
:welcome: and thanks for posting. Please do keep us updated, we all like pictures and it is nice to hear about the new models. It looks like you have a nice place there. :thumbsup:

/ New 5035 #3  
Very nice tractor. I almost bought one but it had 50 hours on it. My 4110 was new and since the end of the line the price was very attractive. 4110 is all I need and more. Enjoy your beauty

/ New 5035 #4  
Welcome to Mahindra. That's a hoss of a tractor, for sure. Enjoy!

/ New 5035 #5  
Looking to buy a bigger tractor. Stopped by my "new" local dealer to see if they had a 5035 in the yard but didn't. They did have a 4035 and told me it was pretty much the same as the 5035. Was impressed with the beefiness of it. Could order me a 5035 but wasn't excited about the price or terms. Would like to know how you likeing it so far as I need a tractor that I can work hard with little to no problems.........too bad they don't make a 5035 cab model : (

/ New 5035
Thanks for the replies and welcomes:thumbsup:.

DH- I really like it so far. It is a "hoss"! Got in some more mower work and a bit of bucket work over the weekend. Used 4wd to get through a boggy area.
No problems at all. Really like the smoothness of the engine (4 cyl.) and the power. Controls are easy to use. Seat is very comfy.

About the only negative is the drink-holder. It could be bigger/deeper. (I lost my "sippy" whilst going over some bumps on a slope---At least it went wide and didn't get crushed or chopped!). Will rectify the problem with a ROPS-PVC type cupholder mount as depicted here on TBN.

I'll be plowing/tilling food plots over the next few weeks. Will defintely post results, especially with implement hook ups, etc.

Scored a used 6' roll-over box blade this past weekend:D and it will get some use in the near future as well.

I know, pix, pix, pix. I tend to forget all about my camera when I'm "in the seat".
MVR-thanks for the props on our place!

/ New 5035 #7  
I have a new 5035 as well and my problem is the rotary mower 6' bangs the blades together when I engauge the pto, does yours? Mahindra told me it is the nature of the beast and get used to it.

/ New 5035
Hey Medbug,

Congrats on your 5035! Hows long have you owned it?

I'm running a Bushog SQ 172 (6') mower and have not had a problem with blades banging together. I like to engage the pto at a low rpm and then get it up to speed. What model rotary mower are you using?

On another note, used my TaylorWay 8 disc pull plow/bog disc this past weekend to cut firebreaks around my food plots. Got all 3 plots burned off on Sunday. Might do some tilling this weekend. Looking to plant my fall mixes later this month.

/ New 5035
Two months and now at 31.5 hours. If I didn't have a job or a family I'd be at 231.5 hours or more! I need to take some pix, but it's so much fun when I get on I forget!

The tractor is running great and I'm having way too much fun--did it mention that already?. Have had no problems whatsoever doing a myriad of chores. The biggest job so far has been to prep and plant my 4+ acres of foodplots. Have also rotary cut several acres, cut firebreaks, tilled a winter garden area, graded my road and moved a bunch of dirt. The "Flexible Lower Links" are the catsazz for hooking up implements by myself!

Acquired a used Gill 6 ft. roll-over box blade. Very cool and fun to work with on the road.

Also got a used chisel plow. Had to put some elbow grease into it and put the cutting torch/welder to it as it was in very poor condition. Im using 7 of the 9 shanks, a mix and match of 1" and 1.25" long/short coil shanks. Soil is sandy/loamy with a touch of clay in areas. It definitely tests 50 hp and 4 wd when adjusted for deep tillage!

I got a great deal on an Italian? 6 ft tiller. BIMEC is the name on it. Works very well.

Next is a brush grapple. Looking at several models.....

Yeah, I know....pictures....

Last edited:
   / New 5035 #10  
The 5035 has just been released in Australia this week. The local dealer is taking orders now for Jan 2011 delivery. $32990 with loader.