My new Mahindra 6000

/ My new Mahindra 6000 #1  

Slippy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 4wd; IH x2; NHTC40DSS; International 1086; JD 5115M
I have posted requesting information on the Mahindra 6000 4wd and some of you responded. Thank you.

Today I purchased my new Mahindra 6000. I was able to pick up a demo with a few hours on it and 50 hour service already done ($500 value). It came with a fel, which is made by Great Bend for Mahindra. I am also purchasing a new 10' cutter made by Kodiac.

What made me do it? I was at the dealership on the lot driving the units for about the 5th time. The dealer had many Mahindra tractors and 4 6000s. As I was checking them over, a contractor pulled in the lot and tried to buy the tractor from the dealer as I was standing there. The pricing was a little better on this unit because it was a demo. I have compared McCormicks, Long, JD, Kubota, Ford, etc. in the 60 hp range. In my opinion, for the money, the HD design and set up, tractor weight, 3 year warranty, I picked the Mahindra. The dealer I have been working with has been very patient with me and seems to know his product. I have called many dealers over the US, and visted several in my area. The dealer I purchase from also has about 20 units on his lot and only sells Mahindra tractors. Also, according to the Job Creation and Worker Assistance Act of 2002, inacted to stimulate the economy following 9-11, farmers who purchse tractors or other equipment, etc., may be able to take an additional 30% first year depreciation deduction on their taxes for 2002. I hope I have good follow-up reports as I use the tractor if anyone is interested.

Again, my thanks to those of you who took time to provide your thoughts during my fact finding mission regarding the Mahindra.

/ My new Mahindra 6000 #2  
hey Slippy,

Just got the 6000 1 page brochure this morning,real good looking tractor!! I can see why you like it. Just wish they sold them up here,I'd like to check one out!! Not bad specs either,and the warranty does not hurt!!

It looks to me to be an update of the old IH licensee tractors. Am I correct in this assumption?

/ My new Mahindra 6000 #3  
Yea! Another Mahindra owner!!! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ My new Mahindra 6000
Woodbeef:
My understanding is that the small series tractors are but not the 5500 or 6000. These tractors are made by Mahindra in India, engine and all. They use Carara (sp) axels. But again, I don't think the parts are interchangeable with with IH. My observation is that the overall design of the tractor is a take off from the IH years ago. Makes sense because thats where they started.

Also, update. I spoke to my dealer today and the contractor I mentioned above trying to buy the one I was looking at came back later in the day and bought one of the other 6000 4wd.

/ My new Mahindra 6000 #5  
Congrats on your new tractor. I have a NH 1920 but just purchased 26 acres and would like something that will lift a round bale of hay. I found the demo 6000 for $16,600 but it's 2 wheel drive. Do you think that I should stay with the 4x4 or since it's a much stronger tractor I would be ok with 2 wd. Also would you mind sharing what the cost was and also the costs of the new ones that your dealer had for sale. I have a relative with a 50hp Mahindra and he loves it. I'm ready to trade for a different color paint although I have had no problems with mine at all, I would like a stronger and heavier tractor. Thanks in advance for your help.

/ My new Mahindra 6000 #7  
Well congratulations Pioneer... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/forumfiles/19-200752-Mahindra6000-800.jpg>Here's a pix from NY Farm Show this past Feb'02 on a sharp Mahindra 6000 MFWD unit...</A>

Attachments

• 19-200752-Mahindra6000-800.jpg
    19-200752-Mahindra6000-800.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 760
   / My new Mahindra 6000
Motorjock:
If you only have about 32 acres, I would think the 6000 would be a little more tractor than you would need. I have 500 acres, 1/2 wooded and 1/2 pasture, all on rolling terain. In my opinion, for what its worth, I need a heavy, durable, 4wd tractor. I was not interested in spending extra $ on all the conviences. The Mahindra 6000 has a manual shift shuttle that requires clutching (not like my JD 4500 power reverser). But, most of the time, by force of habit, I found byself clutching anyway. But, I don't know what you are going to do. Based upon what you have said, I would suggest staying in a smaller tractor. The Mahindra is 77 inches wide at the rear tread, with trailering width of about 81 inches. I had to trade in my trailer so I can move it from my farm to my home.
Price? Sure? $19,200 is the price on the now arriving models. The few dealer has left in stock, $18,200. I paid about $17,000 with the 50 hr service added in. The loader has always been at $4500. Financing right now is 0% for three years, and other rates. Check out mahindrausa.com. Case in point... I paid more for my JD4500 in 1998 than I did for the Mahindra. You may also be interested in knowing that Mahindra has Bradco making backhoes for these units, with sub frame, quick attach. They are built, but so is the price.
Hope I have been of some help.

/ My new Mahindra 6000
Sorry. Forgot to mention that I got a canopy with mine also. I understand that is about a $300 extra.

Yep JohnMiller3, thats it minus the the roll bar.

/ My new Mahindra 6000 #10  
Seems Mahindra&Mahindra had some design help with these new tractors. The prestigious AVL Design Group from Austria were the culprits!! Looks to me like they did a good job.