Children seat??????

/ Children seat?????? #1  

Porkie

Bronze Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TC40D-HST
I recently looked at a new 2010 5525 and 6525 and I was impressed for many reasons but the suspension seat sunk all the way down, when I put my considerable 350lbs of solid, corn fed, Missouri country boy, table muscle on it!!!!!! What's up????

I looked at the adjustment on the back of the seat and it looked like it was almost adjusted for maximum weight!!!!

Anyone else notice this or come up with a solution?

Sam

/ Children seat?????? #2  
That's a little funny, and please don't take offense at the humor in it.

You do realize you are a big man. The average Indian, Japanese, or Korean, from whence these tractors come, might find it incredibly difficult to imagine someone twice their size.:laughing::laughing:

I've spent a lot of time in the Philippines and when I am there, I am tall!!!!

At 5' 9" mind you. Once, a friend who is 300 lbs, and 6' 6" accompanied me. You cannot imagine the turned heads everywhere we went. They must have thought him a giant.

/ Children seat??????
No offense taken! I'm 6ft-5in tall and get most of my height from the butt up, so I even have a hard time finding a vehicle to drive---seems I'm stuck with pick-ups!

I do understand about the cultural and ethnic differences in mankind. I'm German and Scott heritage and even our women were over 6ft tall and weighed---maybe I shouldn't say any more!!!!!

I did have a HOT girlfriend, when I was about 210 lbs and in my twenties and she only weighed 95lbs and was 4ft-11in!!!!!

Anyway, back to the seat situation. I see very few farmers in the midwest that are---how should I say this: Lean, mean, haying machines. Most are pretty tubby, like me and this is a subject of concern in past postings, so I need maybe some comments from owners that have rectified the problem or have some ideas.

Thanks! Sam

/ Children seat?????? #4  
im 6' 240 i had a 3525 with the same seat tensioner your talkin about it didnt matter how tight i got that thing it still bottomed out i loosened it all the way and tightened it all the way tried every way in between it was the same in every position my 5530 has a different tensioner on it which i love it works great no more hitting a bump and driving my ***** up to my neck.

/ Children seat?????? #5  
I am in the process of trying to replace my 3525 seat. I weigh 235 and that seat is about to kill my back. I spend 6 to 8 hours a day on it. I have thought of sticking a beach ball under the seat and inflat it, any thing before my back gives out. I did find a seat to replace it but right now I hate to shell out 600 bucks with no guarentee it will be any better. It is listed for 270 operator weight and the only one I have found with a water resistant material. All the good seats are cloth for the cab tractors.

/ Children seat??????
A coil spring off of a big rig trailer, under the seat would probably work!! Maybe a coil spring off of a train axle!

Oh to be a 90lb weakling------not!

Sam