3-Point Hitch 3 Point Hitch Leak Down

/ 3 Point Hitch Leak Down #1  

genusCastor

Silver Member
Tractor
see sig
I posted this question in the general Hydraulics section, but thought I'd ask the Mahindra folks here to see if it might be a Mahindra thing...

The first time I hooked an implement up to the 2003 Mahindra 3510 I recently bought, I noticed the 3 point hitch dropped an inch or so every 20 seconds, then lifted back up. A continuous cycle: drop down, lift up... I asked the guy I bought it from and he said a certain amount of leak down/lift up cycling is normal. Would Mahindra's tend to exhibit this behavior?

- djb

/ 3 Point Hitch Leak Down #2  
Mine doesn't do that. I always put the implement down on the ground when I store it too. I forgot one day and the next AM it was in the same spot that I had left it.

/ 3 Point Hitch Leak Down #3  
No, not normal. My 4110 is almost identical to your 3510 and with over 1900 hours on mine it will hold an implement where you leave it for days at a time - engine running or not.

/ 3 Point Hitch Leak Down
Allrighty, then. Thanks for the responses. Guess I have a problem. :)

- djb

/ 3 Point Hitch Leak Down #5  
If you don't mind let us know what it ends up being. Might end up helping us in the long run :) Good luck!

/ 3 Point Hitch Leak Down #6  
If you don't mind let us know what it ends up being. Might end up helping us in the long run :) Good luck!

Yea, I'd like to know what you find with yours just in case. Just strictly a guess on my part but sounds like it could be something with the draft control - it controls the hitch position hydraulically when using ground engaging implements. Are you sure your draft control lever is fully forward all the time (draft control off)? Or possibly some bent or misadjusted linkages on the draft control.

/ 3 Point Hitch Leak Down
skipmarcy said:
Are you sure your draft control lever is fully forward all the time (draft control off)? Or possibly some bent or misadjusted linkages on the draft control.
I checked the draft setting earlier. There's no "OFF" position, but I placed it on the minimum setting (1 out of 5), and the lift still seemed to oscillate up and down. It definitely oscillated on the maximum setting (5). But I'll have another look at the linkage to see if something might be bent.

If/when I figger out the prollem, I'll be sure to post it here.

- djb

/ 3 Point Hitch Leak Down #8  
I responded to you about this in your thread in the general forum, about maybe trash in the relief valve. As Skip said, I would check out the linkage for the draft control, which is controled off the top link connection. Be sure sure to look at that connection. There is also a pin on the top link that can either be put in a slotted hole to enable the draft or in a round hole to disable the draft control. Disable that and see if that helps. If that is all correct, I suspect that maybe the lift cylinder is leaking thus causing your drop and then your position control does its job and raises it back up, causing your nasty up down up down. These parts are all internal and would require removing the hydraulic cover just under the seat. PM me your serial# and email address and I will send you a parts break down to show you how it is all put together. You may also call me at 585-343-0770, if you would like.

/ 3 Point Hitch Leak Down #9  
That is wierd, in my last post my phone number keeps disapearing.