New member, Mahindra 4110

/ New member, Mahindra 4110 #1  

wawilkie

Tractor
2009 Mahindra 4110 w/ fel
Hey Ya'll,
New member here, gotten a lot of info from this site and since I'm now thinking seriously of buying a tractor , figured I'd go ahead and join.
I live on 10 acres approx. half of which is 8-10" pines grown up with smaller stuff in between ,some of it 2-3". I'd like to clean some of it up. Been looking at a new, old stock Mahindra 4110 with FEL. Thay are offering a good (I think) discount because of it being a discontinued model and having a little
weather damage (some paint fading and slight rust, been in stock for almost a year) nothing that would bother me. I'd like to get some input on this tractor from anyone in the know.
Thanks Alot,
William in Plum Branch,S.C.

/ New member, Mahindra 4110 #2  
Hello wawilkie, welcome to TBN! Glad to see you posting. Hope you enjoy being a member of our community. :)

/ New member, Mahindra 4110 #3  
Hey Ya'll,
New member here, gotten a lot of info from this site and since I'm now thinking seriously of buying a tractor , figured I'd go ahead and join.
I live on 10 acres approx. half of which is 8-10" pines grown up with smaller stuff in between ,some of it 2-3". I'd like to clean some of it up. Been looking at a new, old stock Mahindra 4110 with FEL. Thay are offering a good (I think) discount because of it being a discontinued model and having a little
weather damage (some paint fading and slight rust, been in stock for almost a year) nothing that would bother me. I'd like to get some input on this tractor from anyone in the know.
Thanks Alot,
William in Plum Branch,S.C.

It's good to see another member from the Palmetto State.

I don't have any first-hand knowledge about the 4110, but I have seen posts discussing 4WD front-end problems.

Here's an example.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-owning-operating/172146-4110-mahindra-popping-noise-front.html

Try the "search" function if 4110 owners don't chime in.

Steve

/ New member, Mahindra 4110 #5  
Ok, I'll bite. Yes, the price on the 4110 sounds pretty good - I paid $18,500 for mine 8 years ago but it came with the FEL, HD steel canopy, a Leinbach PHD with a 9" and 12" auger, and a full set of filters for the tractor and a shop manual. My 4110 is TYM built and the one you're looking at is probably not a TYM built machine so my experiences may not help you at all. I would make sure it has the 16.9 rear tires and definitely loaded with whatever you decide to load them with (many, many opinions on that !!). Depending on how you use your machine you may not have a single problem with it like myself and others have over the years. I use my tractor hard, commercially for a few years, and I've had my share of drive problems but overall the 4110 has been a real "hoss" in the work dept. It has had less important nit-pickin' flaws too but all brands have those. Other than the FWD problems I've had the rest of the tractor is heavy-built for it's size. Even with all the major problems I had earlier on I would consider buying my tractor again - when it's working good it will outperform alot of tractors in it's price range. Make sure you hook-up with a good dealer - that would be my main concern. I'm a professional mechanic and do my own repairs but need a good dealer to get parts - I deal with one that uses this forum the past couple of years. If you can't do your own service work make sure your dealer is up to snuff.