SS QA Loader Attachment OEM or Aftermarket

/ SS QA Loader Attachment OEM or Aftermarket #1  

unispeed

Tractor
Mahindra 7250
Yes Mahindra still makes (supplies) the SS QA for the ML275 the question is
the Mahindra is going to run about 700 (with shipping) and I see aftermarket ones for a little less and alot less. Is their a better after market vesion or should I stick with the RED ONE?

Thanks
Mark

/ SS QA Loader Attachment OEM or Aftermarket #2  
Hard to say on that - I purchased the KMW SS QA adapter and a new matching 6' QA bucket to go with it for my 4110 back in 2005 from a Mahindra dealer. The adapter was right at $600 and the bucket was right at $500. My 4110 is an earlier model and came with a conventional pinned bucket and was only a 5' one at that. I cut the ears off that 5' bucket, bought a SS QA plate and welded it on the bucket and keep my forks on that bucket ready to use. I didn't shop around for the adapter & bucket when I bought, just figured the OEM would be best. Maybe I could have saved some money if I had looked around some but I don't think you could save a tremendous amount and have the same quality and fit. The KMW buckets can really take a beating - I've definitely worked the crap out of both of mine, abused them is more like it and they are still in great shape.

/ SS QA Loader Attachment OEM or Aftermarket #3  
If you want to play it safe and be able to just put it on, then go with the OEM from KMW. Just what are the $$$ differences that you have found? :confused:

/ SS QA Loader Attachment OEM or Aftermarket
   / SS QA Loader Attachment OEM or Aftermarket #5  
I'd go for the red one, but don't be surprised when it shows up black. :cool:

/ SS QA Loader Attachment OEM or Aftermarket #6  
Everyone talks about the cost, what about the weight? I figure there is a #200 swing in there just to have SSQ/A. On a smaller tractor that can be huge. Not to mention the 4"-5" offset you incur. Not against them but mind you there are some trade offs. My :2cents:

/ SS QA Loader Attachment OEM or Aftermarket #7  
Perhaps the Mahindras have different weight buckets available. Mine is much lighter weight and flexs much more than my Yanmar bucket.
I have the quick release on my Mahindra. I like it but one does lose lifting capacity because of the increase weight of the unit.

/ SS QA Loader Attachment OEM or Aftermarket #8  
You guys need to remember that the ML275 loader is on a 75hp tractor that has 5500lbs breakout force and 3900lbs lift at pins to full height. I doubt that a few pounds lost here and there is going to make much difference. ;)

/ SS QA Loader Attachment OEM or Aftermarket #9  
Stick with OEM I have a John Deere, it has taken a beating, still in perfect condition after pushing 1,000 pound logs into a pile, pushing many branches on top of them. (2520 w 200cx loader, bucket) a friend has a 4920 w 400 series loader, has dug deep holes with it, pushing, still looks just like new. Might pay a higher price for OEM, but has much better quality, strength, the factory backs up the product.

/ SS QA Loader Attachment OEM or Aftermarket #10  
I have a 5530 with the SSL QA and love it. I would ask the suppliers what gauge steel they are using, or at least compare the weights of the units as that will be a good indicator as to how much steel it is made with. Then go with the one that is heavier duty. Hope this helps.

Lee