Mahindra "2004" 2810W Glow Plugs Not Working

/ Mahindra "2004" 2810W Glow Plugs Not Working #1  

Dink 1

Tractor
Mahindra 2810W ; 4x4
I have looked over the forum and did not see anything that seemed to match my problem.
When I turn the ignition key backwards toward the accessory position to engage the glow plugs, the timer starts and times out. I can hear it click as it times out each time I turn the key, around 10 seconds. The glow plug light on the dash does not come on, maybe a burned out bulb, I don't know. I checked for voltage at the glow plugs before the timer times out and there was no voltage there. I checked the fuses they are all OK. Can someone please tell me where to start tracing this. It may have a inline fuse somewhere or relay, I don't know. I would appreciate any help I can get. Please Help...:confused:
Thank you
Dink

/ Mahindra "2004" 2810W Glow Plugs Not Working #2  
Don't know how close your 2810 is to my 4110 in wiring etc. but my glow plug relay is mounted under the hood, on the front of the bracket that holds my air cleaner assy., out in front of the radiator. The glow plug timer is located behind my dashboard. The timer is energized by the switch, which in turn energizes the relay I just mentioned, which is what sends voltage to the glow plug strip conductor. I think there is a fusible link nearby to the relay out in front there that is the controlled power to the glow plugs, thru that relay. I'm quite sure there is a fuse or two that protects the timer and solenoid side of the relay in the main fusebox. I'd get a 12v test light out and start checking for power along the circuits. Even if you have no wiring diagram, it won't be extremely difficult to trace the few wires for this circuit. I've taken my relay apart before to clean the contacts with a point file - my glow light wasn't coming on at this particular time and this was the fix for me.

/ Mahindra "2004" 2810W Glow Plugs Not Working
Thanks, I will look up front around the air cleaner after work tomorrow. I know there has to be a or fuse/Relay or both somewhere. I just walked out with my flashlight and looked. I did see what looks like a relay, maybe 1" cube shaped box, below the air cleaner just now. When the timer is energized I guess it would send 12 volts to one of the wires which would let the relay send power to the plugs.
If you don't know where to look it complicates things. Thanks for sending me in what looks to be the right direction.
Brrr 27.4 degrees outside!
Dink

/ Mahindra "2004" 2810W Glow Plugs Not Working #4  
I don't want to insult your intelligence, but I had an electrical problem a month or so ago, posted a bunch to this site, tried a bunch of stuff, and finally, after some advice from here, went to ground zero. I replaced a three year old battery, cleaned the post, and it cranked right up. It was a ground problem coupled with a less than optimum charge. During this week of "no crank" various things worked, then didn't work, then worked again. Fresh power is a smart place to start, regardless if the volt meter differs.

/ Mahindra "2004" 2810W Glow Plugs Not Working #5  
Ain't that something. Summer before I had a battery problem. Had to jump battery almost everytime I used tractor. Also, glo plug didn't work. After starting machine battery was good for the day. Well, I sure need battery, I guess????? For some unknown reason, I cleaned cables real good and tightened them in place. Glow plug works fine and I got 2 seasons out of my "bad battery". Just started machine last week and charge is still good. Back to basics is always a good plan.

Coffeeman

I don't want to insult your intelligence, but I had an electrical problem a month or so ago, posted a bunch to this site, tried a bunch of stuff, and finally, after some advice from here, went to ground zero. I replaced a three year old battery, cleaned the post, and it cranked right up. It was a ground problem coupled with a less than optimum charge. During this week of "no crank" various things worked, then didn't work, then worked again. Fresh power is a smart place to start, regardless if the volt meter differs.

/ Mahindra "2004" 2810W Glow Plugs Not Working #6  
As coffeeman mentioned I think i would clean the ground cable and check it real close to make sure its not corroded through. All my electrical problems have started from corrosion. then i seal it with battery sealer which turns red when sprayed on. could be also the glow plugs spit the bed too. Good luck and Merry Christmas . .. . . John

/ Mahindra "2004" 2810W Glow Plugs Not Working #7  
I wish I could help you out, but I had a 2615 Mahinda and was always replacing the glow plugs....Dealer could never find the reason why they were going bad...?