Oil Pressure Gauge

/ Oil Pressure Gauge #1  

Mike in La.

Tractor
6500 4x4 FEL
The oil pressure gauge on my 6500 FWD moves to half scale when the key is turned on. After starting it pegs the needle at full scale. With the sending unit unplugged the needle goes full scale with the key on. Is this a sending unit problem?

/ Oil Pressure Gauge #2  
The oil pressure gauge on my 6500 FWD moves to half scale when the key is turned on. After starting it pegs the needle at full scale. With the sending unit unplugged the needle goes full scale with the key on. Is this a sending unit problem?

Assuming the gauge goes to zero with the key in the off position then it sounds like your sending unit could be bad or not being grounded correctly but that doesn't explain why you get a full scale reading.
The only reason that I can think of the gauge going full scale would be a short somewhere in the wiring going to the sensor and it's grounding out. Only way to be sure is remove the wire from the back of the gauge if possible and see if it still happens.

/ Oil Pressure Gauge #3  
OT, but I bought an 2007 6500 4WD Mahindra and was wondering about the glove box in front of the drivers knees, when I open mine, there is nothing to keep anything from falling to the ground. What is supposed to be there? BTW, mine has an oil pressure light, not a gauge. Thanks, Sundug

/ Oil Pressure Gauge #4  
In 2001 or 2002 Mahindra stopped putting the glove box in there. On the later models there is nothing there.

/ Oil Pressure Gauge #6  
In 2001 or 2002 Mahindra stopped putting the glove box in there. On the later models there is nothing there.

I've got a '02 6000 and it has the glove box..has a little kit with extra head lights and a few fuses in it (as well as I remember)...BobG in VA