Installing Glow plug conversion Kit

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #1  

Becharpa

Tractor
Mahindra 2015HST
I have a Mahindra 2015hst and purhased a glow plug conversion kit that extends the Glow plugs from 3 seconds to 10 seconds. However, I'm such a novice i have no idea how to install them? Any help without having to bring it to a mechanic?

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #2  
I'm not a mechanic, but it sounds like you want to get more heat to your block before crancking it over.

Can't you just cycle the glow plugs a second time (i.e. cycle once, turn back to the off position, and then cycle again before crancking)?

Let me also say that I just started my 3-year old 3215 the other day at -12 degrees by doing this - without problem.

Also, if it's any colder than that, I'm not sure how you're going to stand being on the tractor.

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #3  
I'm not a mechanic, but it sounds like you want to get more heat to your block before crancking it over.

Can't you just cycle the glow plugs a second time (i.e. cycle once, turn back to the off position, and then cycle again before crancking)?

Let me also say that I just started my 3-year old 3215 the other day at -12 degrees by doing this - without problem.

Also, if it's any colder than that, I'm not sure how you're going to stand being on the tractor.
I dont see how he could stand it at -12

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #4  
Couldn't stand it - was on the tractor for all of about 15 minutes. Had to go back in the house and thaw the ice cubues (i.e. toes).

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #5  
This is an old thread, but I'm hoping Tractorbynet will notify you that you have a message. I have a 2006 Mahindra 2015 (gear) and also need to put in a conversion kit. I would appreciate hearing what was involved and if it helped. Feel free to email me at kolkmeyer@operamail.com or if you prefer, you can call at 417-877-0135. Thankyou very much. John

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #6  
I have a Mahindra 2015hst and purhased a glow plug conversion kit that extends the Glow plugs from 3 seconds to 10 seconds. However, I'm such a novice i have no idea how to install them? Any help without having to bring it to a mechanic?

I have a 2015 also, acted like the glow plugs weren't working. I asked the dealer and he said it wasn't the glow plugs but was the whatchamathingy that caused them to glow, this after I had new plugs installed. it starts very well without using the igniter untill cold weather sets in. I have to get the thingy replaced as it is getting colder and it starts like it has no glow. Somebody on here must be able to explain better than I.

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #7  
The update includes different glow plugs, and a different glow timer. Awiring harness adapter is also needed. I think I still have the pieces, to do this update, in stock.

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #8  
What a great website. I made reference to a 9 month old thread, and immediately got feedback. Twice before I have also been able to fix problems that were beyond my skill level, thanks to other members.

With regard to the Mahindra 2015 and 2615 glow plug conversion, I was able to pull up Mahindra Parts Information Bulletin # 15-E/08/2005 which gives information and pictures of the kits which convert these tractors from a 3second to 10 second glow cycle. You basically get a new timer, glow plugs, and what looks like a short(approx. 5") wiring harness with 1 or 2 plugs on each end. I assume the old existing plugs connected to the tractor wiring do not match the plug recepticles or pins on the new timers, and this adapter/harnesss allows you to make the connection. This is what I am not sure of, and was hoping someone could clarify.

The suggestion of repeatedly turning on the key to repeat the 3 second glow cycle to get more heat, doesn't seem to work with my tractor. After the first 3 second glow, it won't immediately give you another 3 seconds if you turn the key off and on. I think I need a timer and plugs anyway. The timer seems to be really inconsistent, and when I removed the plugs and hooked jumper cables directly to them, two do nothing and the third only gets warm after 30 seconds. Maybe the timer burned them up? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks again.

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #9  
Not wanting to hijack this thread...But, I recently started having issues with my 2615. It hasn't failed to start, but the GP indicator light comes on randomly and/or stays on when it shouldn't. After being guided to the relay being under the steering wheel behind the plastic cover, I've pulled off what I think is the problem, cause when I fiddle with it it causes the indicator light to go on/off. It's labeled "NGK QGS Controller", model # S85NE. Is this the relay & timer in one? Are they still available anywhere? Google returns little or nothing about this model #, so I'm guessing this is one of the reasons for the conversion kits. If they aren't available, I guess a conversion kit is in my future...how much are they?

Thanks

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #10  
What a great website. I made reference to a 9 month old thread, and immediately got feedback. Twice before I have also been able to fix problems that were beyond my skill level, thanks to other members.

With regard to the Mahindra 2015 and 2615 glow plug conversion, I was able to pull up Mahindra Parts Information Bulletin # 15-E/08/2005 which gives information and pictures of the kits which convert these tractors from a 3second to 10 second glow cycle. You basically get a new timer, glow plugs, and what looks like a short(approx. 5") wiring harness with 1 or 2 plugs on each end. I assume the old existing plugs connected to the tractor wiring do not match the plug recepticles or pins on the new timers, and this adapter/harnesss allows you to make the connection. This is what I am not sure of, and was hoping someone could clarify.

The suggestion of repeatedly turning on the key to repeat the 3 second glow cycle to get more heat, doesn't seem to work with my tractor. After the first 3 second glow, it won't immediately give you another 3 seconds if you turn the key off and on. I think I need a timer and plugs anyway. The timer seems to be really inconsistent, and when I removed the plugs and hooked jumper cables directly to them, two do nothing and the third only gets warm after 30 seconds. Maybe the timer burned them up? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks again.
Get the conversion kit. It comes with new cable connections. I put one in today.