50 Hour Service

/ 50 Hour Service #1  

scsims

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5525
I'm going to do the 50 hr service on my 5525 this week. The manual says to clean the screen and replace the filter on the Trans/Hydraulic system. But it doesn't mention changing the fluid.

If I pull the screen to clean it won't the fluid run out? Or is there a way to clean the screen without draining all the oil?

/ 50 Hour Service #2  
I'm going to do the 50 hr service on my 5525 this week. The manual says to clean the screen and replace the filter on the Trans/Hydraulic system. But it doesn't mention changing the fluid.

If I pull the screen to clean it won't the fluid run out? Or is there a way to clean the screen without draining all the oil?

Change the fluid, especially this first time.

/ 50 Hour Service #3  
Torque all the bolts and nuts.

/ 50 Hour Service #4  

Change the fluid--there could be metallic debris floating around in it. I found that screen is a pain to get out because of interference with part of the braking system. Rather than busting my knuckles and making a mess of it, I had my dealer do the job.

Check your 5525 manual--it recommends another engine oil/filter change at 100 hours and every 250 hours thereafter. Seems like overkill to me--but new oil and filter is a lot cheaper than major engine repairs.

/ 50 Hour Service
What kind of Tractor fluid will work. I can get the Traverler at TSC for $30 a bucket, but I read on here in the Oil forums that TSC products are not always rated at OEM standards.

/ 50 Hour Service #6  
What kind of Tractor fluid will work. I can get the Traverler at TSC for $30 a bucket, but I read on here in the Oil forums that TSC products are not always rated at OEM standards.

Check the label--if it meets the John Deere JD 303 spec for UTTF (universal tractor transmission fluid), then it's OK for the 5525. I use the TSC Traveller UTTF in my 5525. The larger hp Mahindra tractors are more forgiving on UTTF specs than the smaller hp CUTs and SCUTs are. Just check for JD303 on the label.

/ 50 Hour Service
Do you think Wix filters are just as good as the Mahindra?

/ 50 Hour Service #8  

Don't know about Wix for Mahindra. I use Mahindra filters on the 5525. I've used Wix filters on some of my older, vintage tractors with no problem.

/ 50 Hour Service
What kind of oil do you use? I just picked up 2 gallons of 15w-40 Shell Rotella T.

Last edited:
   / 50 Hour Service #10  

I use Tractor Supply UTTF , called mahindra years ago and they said basically the same thing FLUSHER said. I have been using wix oil, diesel, hydr. filters for years,along with Rotella 15w x40, last year I used traveller 15w X40 oil that I bought on clearance from Tractor Supply.