Factory recall

/ Factory recall #11  
Got my letter this week. Called closest dealer. They found my name on their list. Said when they have a couple machines in my area they will come out and do the recall mods on site. Sounded good to me.

/ Factory recall #12  
I bought a 3316 on Friday, and saw this on Saturday. I just talked to my dealer, and he said the recall only applies to 2006-2009 production. Figured I'd pass it along.

/ Factory recall #13  
I am still waiting on my dealer to call me to get my tractor in. Said he was waiting on more kits.

/ Factory recall #14  
Dropped mine off this morning for this, hopefully will be done in a day or two.

My dealer had several kits in stock and said he has done quite a few already..

rob

/ Factory recall #15  
Well my dealer called this morning and was here at 11 o'clock to installed the update to my tractor and was only here for just under an hour. Did discover that there is a different with the brackets in the kit between the 2815 and 3215 at least on my year tractor, they add and extra piece of metal to the bracket. Also one of the bolts in my kit turned out to be longer than needed and had to be cut down to fit. Also not going to worry about having to check the old mounting nuts for the correct torque as with the new bracket you would have to remove it before getting to all of them.

/ Factory recall #16  
Sergei said:
Well my dealer called this morning and was here at 11 o'clock to installed the update to my tractor and was only here for just under an hour. Did discover that there is a different with the brackets in the kit between the 2815 and 3215 at least on my year tractor, they add and extra piece of metal to the bracket. Also one of the bolts in my kit turned out to be longer than needed and had to be cut down to fit. Also not going to worry about having to check the old mounting nuts for the correct torque as with the new bracket you would have to remove it before getting to all of them.

Does the fel have to removed? Did you by chance take a picture? Just curious on how it looks! Thanks

/ Factory recall #17  
Does the fel have to removed? Did you by chance take a picture? Just curious on how it looks! Thanks

No, the FEL stays on and if you had the tools you could do it yourself as nothing really hard about it. I think the only reason dealers are doing it is not everyone has the needed tools, air compressor and impact tool are the most useful items, but you could also do it with hand tools.

Attachments

• New_img073.jpg
    New_img073.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 355
   / Factory recall #18  
No, the FEL stays on and if you had the tools you could do it yourself as nothing really hard about it. I think the only reason dealers are doing it is not everyone has the needed tools, air compressor and impact tool are the most useful items, but you could also do it with hand tools.

Sergei, I've added 2 pics of my 3215 before the added bracket and I noticed your missing the support(in the red square) that I have presently on mine,or did they remove it? I also took a picture from the left side where it's a little easier to see the bolts where the new bracket attaches. I was wondering how many of these bolts are used(again within the red square). Thanks.

Attachments

• FELright.JPG
    FELright.JPG
    347.6 KB · Views: 348
  • FELleft.JPG
    FELleft.JPG
    314.3 KB · Views: 353
   / Factory recall #19  
I purchased a 2008 2815 Mahindra ML111 loader last summer and have been having problems with the loader bolts coming loose. I then see that its leaking a little oil. I then contacted a dealer who tells me that there is a recall on the loader mounting system. I drop the tractor off to him and he states that the block is cracked due to this proble and that Mahindra is sending a new motor and new rail for the loader problems. Now today (3 months) later he calls and tells me that I will have to pay 750.00 to have the motor installed because Mahindra will not pay for that. Is there anyone out there with a simular problem. Also could anyone send a copy of the recall letter as I purchased this tractor used (21 hr) and was never sent a letter. Thanks

Last edited:
   / Factory recall #20  
Sergei, I've added 2 pics of my 3215 before the added bracket and I noticed your missing the support(in the red square) that I have presently on mine,or did they remove it? I also took a picture from the left side where it's a little easier to see the bolts where the new bracket attaches. I was wondering how many of these bolts are used(again within the red square). Thanks.

That bracket was removed on both sides and looking at my picture you'll see that some of the bolts below the oil dip stick are different. Those are new and shorter than the original ones which go into the engine block, this way with the new part there is no stress on the block as I would suspect that this is the point where the engine blocks are cracking.
Here's another picture from the other side.

Attachments

• img075.jpg
    img075.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 269
Last edited: