Mahindra 4500 will not start?

/ Mahindra 4500 will not start? #1  

Bolenscub

Hello everyone

I have a Mahindra 4500 that has given me great service. I now have a problem where it will not turn over. It acted up some last weekend but I moved the forward reverse lever back and forth until it started. I can only assume there is a safety switch somewhere.

Anyone know where this could be located of if this could be another issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kerry

/ Mahindra 4500 will not start? #2  
did you look in your owners manual it should show the switchs and wiring in it and it has trouble shooting part also may help if you dont have your manual you can go to mahindra web site and pull up manual on line and print it off

/ Mahindra 4500 will not start?
We have moved twice in the last 5 months due to a house project so I doubt I can find my manual. I will check the website.

/ Mahindra 4500 will not start? #4  
The neutral safety switch is located under the RT foot rest protruding out of the side of the transmission housing.

/ Mahindra 4500 will not start? #5  
The neutral safety switch is located under the RT foot rest protruding out of the side of the transmission housing.

This happened once after shutting down for lunch while brush hogging. It wouldn't start after lunch. A limb had pulled the wire off of the neutral safety switch.
hugs, Brandi

/ Mahindra 4500 will not start? #6  
300 hours and mine is doing the same thing. Starter is shot and jumping the solenoid doesn't work eilther.

/ Mahindra 4500 will not start? #7  
300 hours and mine is doing the same thing. Starter is shot and jumping the solenoid doesn't work eilther.

Are you sure the starter is dead? Does it just click and not do anything else if so, there is a fix.......BobG in VA

/ Mahindra 4500 will not start? #8  
Have you checked your battery terminals connection and the connection where the ground cable connects to the frame? The ground cable to the frame is notorious for making a poor connection.

/ Mahindra 4500 will not start? #9  

Yeah, mine went out about that time. Had it rebuilt and, shortly thereafter, I owner financed it to someone who was also buying some property from me. I have got it back now but, the buyer told me he had to replace the starter at around 550 hours.

When it was going bad on me, I put in a question here about my problem and respondents did not even consider in their replys that the starter was dead given the few hours on the tractor at the time. The point is, at least on this model, it appears that the starters have unexpectedly short lives.