Hard to start

/ Hard to start #1  

WOSIK1

Tractor
3015hst 2005
Has anyone had a problem with a Mahindra tractor being very hard to start? I live in southern California where the weather is mild. Sometimes takes me 45mins to an hour to start my 3015 hst. Once it's running, there are no problems, and it runs full throttle for hours. I'm tired of tearing up batteries and wasting priceless diesel. thanks for any help, Jeff

/ Hard to start #2  
Has anyone had a problem with a Mahindra tractor being very hard to start? I live in southern California where the weather is mild. Sometimes takes me 45mins to an hour to start my 3015 hst. Once it's running, there are no problems, and it runs full throttle for hours. I'm tired of tearing up batteries and wasting priceless diesel. thanks for any help, Jeff

Does the engine turn over fine?
What is the temperature at when you start it.
If you shut it off when it is warmed up, will it start back up?

/ Hard to start
cranks and cranks and cranks, even in warm(75-80f), almost catching all the time. eventually it will catch and a huge amount of black smoke pours out. after running fine for several hours, turn it off and it's hard to start again.

/ Hard to start #4  
cranks and cranks and cranks, even in warm(75-80f), almost catching all the time. eventually it will catch and a huge amount of black smoke pours out. after running fine for several hours, turn it off and it's hard to start again.

It seems to me that the problem has to be either poor quality fuel or low compression.

/ Hard to start #5  
Also make sure the injection pump is ok. Crack the injectors and see if the diesel is spraying out with some pressure or if it just drips.

/ Hard to start
Do you know by any chance what the compression shoul be on a mitsu k3m motor? We tested compression, and it was good on all 3. Thanks

/ Hard to start
The injector pump seems to be good also. Cracked injectors and fuel was spraying out.

/ Hard to start
Yes it does have glow plugs, and i've changed those already.

/ Hard to start #10  
Change your fuel filter, and test your glow plug rail to make sure its making good contact with the glow plugs.

If all is ok there, then check your glow plug timer, its the small black box under the steering wheel, you will have to remove the wrap around black cover.

Last edited: