2015 and a middlebuster.

/ 2015 and a middlebuster. #1  

KRH2015

Tractor
2007 Mahindra 2015 Gear 4wd.
Hello, has anyone ever run a middlebuster / subsoiler behind a 2015 or a similar tractor ? How did it handle it ? I'm thinking about building my own from left over steel from work, just need to by a blade or a furrower. Not sure how wide of a blade to get -12",14", or 15" ? I was considering a 12" so that it's not to hard to pull, or would this little tractor surprise me and be able to handle more blade width ? Last , how thick are these furrower blade's ? The one's I saw advertised on the internet don't seem very thick to me, maybe about 3/16" of an inch. Thank's for any feedback !

/ 2015 and a middlebuster. #2  
The BX1860 is slightly smaller, perhaps, but similar enough in size.
The middle buster from Tractor Supply was only $130 with a coupon. If you want to build one, for the enjoyment, you might want to take some close up measurements and photos at an Atwood's, Rural King, TSC store near you.

I still use it on my B2320, a little larger tractor.

/ 2015 and a middlebuster. #3  
I used a standard size Keen Kutter Middle Buster behind an 18.5 hp Misubishi w/hyd stat. Worked "sorta ok." Note that this is somewhat subdued enthusiasm. If u don't have draft control on 3 pt. you'll probably struggle a bit with bucking and snorting. But it certainly beats digging with a spade.

Good Luck with project

/ 2015 and a middlebuster. #4  
Virtually every BX or other color subcut owner on here, who does gardening or other dirt work uses a middle buster. They're cheap, for one thing, and very useful for another. One of the more popular implements on TBN.

That said, subcuts have no ground clearance so the XB type middle busters work better than the tall shanked, full sized, cat 1 varieties. Those tall ones are almost impossible for a low riding tractor to pick up high enough for transport across the yard.

/ 2015 and a middlebuster. #5  
I built some 1/2" thick bolt-on steel extension plates for 2 of my gannon teeth, as the teeth are manual adjust type (teeth do not hydraulically lower and raise).

I put 2 different depth holes in the plates to lower the teeth twice. First pass I drop gannon down to just above dirt and get about 3-4". Then I drop teeth down to about 10"-11" depth and take a second pass.

I just use these to dig/loosen dirt for sprinkler pipe. Then have to remove dirt myself. Beats picking though.

My 2015 has to tug some to pull them thru the dirt...and they're only the width of the ripper teeth themselves.

I'm thinking seriously about building a mini-hoe setup that mounts on my gannon box...I have a lot of studying to do about hydraulics first. If anyone has some good threads to reference about hydraulics...it would be much appreciated.

/ 2015 and a middlebuster.
Thanks all for the replie's!!! BP Fick, thank you for the advice and especially the picture's. What you showed me with the pictures and the tractor you are using (b2320) is what tells me I shouldn't have any problem's. You see my 2015 is not a sub compact, in fact your B2320 and my mahindra 2015 are in the same size class of tractor. I even compared spec's of the two to get a better idea. Horse power is about the same with mine at 22 and your's at 23. Also mine is about 350 lbs heavier and that should aid in traction. Tires are the same. So I am confident now that I should be able to do what you have done and judging by the pictures it looked like a lot. You sure ripped the ground up. After all if you did it with your 18 HP sub compact I should be able to. So thanks again! and yes I want to build the Middlebuster for the enjoyment. Been welding for 43 years now. I saw furrower blades at Agri -Supply and was considering the 12" one, A little concerned over the thickness at 3/16". If I build it myself I can also custom size it to the tractor and add a shear bolt feature. Have you ever pulled a wider model with your B2320?

Patio farmer, thanks for the input. I saw an older thread where you showed pictures of the extension bars you added to your ripper teeth , kind of like a subsoiler. Rumor has it that a subsoiler take's more grunt to pull than a middlebuster so i can understand how two would be a little tough.

OOp's havent been welding 43 years. It's supposed to read 34 year's. Can't be that old yet!!!