3215 Hourmeter not working

/ 3215 Hourmeter not working #1  

Nissan197

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 4WD
I noticed my hour meter stopped working. I located the cable that hooks into the dash and then appears to hook into the alternator or some other part. Is it common for these to go bad and has anyone replaced these themselves? Could it be something else? The tractor only had 247 hours when it stopped.

Last edited:
   / 3215 Hourmeter not working #2  
bump
Mine has 195 hours and the hour meter has stopped.
What is the deal? I can't find any info about changing it or fixing it.

/ 3215 Hourmeter not working
I just put in an aftermarket one that connects to the ignition. If I remember correctly the only way to fix the hourmeter was to purchase the whole cluster which was over $600. The replacement cost me $14 off of ebay.

/ 3215 Hourmeter not working #4  
$600!! There is nothing to it. (I have mine out of the tractor in pieces on the kitchen table right now!)

I'm getting so tired of this tractor....

/ 3215 Hourmeter not working
That has been the only problem with my 3215, besides a warranty fix on the FEL. I have close to 400 hours on it now. Just pulled three stumps out of the ground with it this past weekend.

/ 3215 Hourmeter not working #6  
Glad you are having good luck with yours. Mine has been trouble, trouble, trouble.

The main problem is the dealer went out of business and there isn't another one close, so I have near zero support for it. I come here to get info from the dealers that are on the site.

Intermittent starting problem. Changed parts in the backhoe controls twice. Backhoe arm swing cylinder broke. Differential no longer locks. Those are the things I can think of off the top of my head.