Three point hitch question

/ Three point hitch question #1  

tholder85

Tractor
Mahindra 6500 4wd
I have a 6500 4wd and I am trying to get my hay fork on my three point lift to work right. The problem is when I get the forks adjusted so they are level on the ground to get under the hay, when I raise the lift it will almost dump the roll of hay off the forks. I have adjusted on everything I know to adjust on and it still happens. I have never had a problem like this on a tractor before. I hope y'all can understand what I am saying. On my ford 4000 the forks would be inclined when you raised the lift, so it was impossible for the hay to slide off. This is about to drive me crazy! Can someone familiar with this mahindra please help?!?!?!?

/ Three point hitch question #2  
I have a 6500 4wd and I am trying to get my hay fork on my three point lift to work right. The problem is when I get the forks adjusted so they are level on the ground to get under the hay, when I raise the lift it will almost dump the roll of hay off the forks. I have adjusted on everything I know to adjust on and it still happens. I have never had a problem like this on a tractor before. I hope y'all can understand what I am saying. On my ford 4000 the forks would be inclined when you raised the lift, so it was impossible for the hay to slide off. This is about to drive me crazy! Can someone familiar with this mahindra please help?!?!?!?

On your top link, on your tractor end, there should be a few holes to put the top link in, try putting the top link in the bottom hole, this might help.:confused:

/ Three point hitch question #3  
And if there are a few holes on your forks, try putting the top link in the top hole.

/ Three point hitch question #4  

THAT is downright ~W~E~I~R~D~ (-:
3pt is SUPPOSED TO tip more towards the tractor as the implement is raised.
You MIGHT have some alternate holes in the top link bracket (tractor end of top link) that are used differently for draft control - using a lower one might change the geometry to correct your problem, though I doubt that any of them would be high enough to cause the problem you described.
Are you SURE nothing is broken ?

/ Three point hitch question #5  
Top link needs to be on same horizontal plane as the lift arms. If angle downward towards attachment when lift arms are level it will push top attachment outward when lift arms come up and in closer to tractor.

/ Three point hitch question
I have tried the different holes for the top link, in both the tractor and my hay fork. Still the same problem! This is absolutely about to drive me slap looney, which isn't far! It's almost like the lift arms aren't long enough. I don't know, but something isn't right. I love everything else about my tractor, but if I can't move hay with the rear lift it is useless to me!!!!

/ Three point hitch question #7  
A picture would help a lot.

Bruce

/ Three point hitch question #8  
I have tried the different holes for the top link, in both the tractor and my hay fork. Still the same problem! This is absolutely about to drive me slap looney, which isn't far! It's almost like the lift arms aren't long enough. I don't know, but something isn't right. I love everything else about my tractor, but if I can't move hay with the rear lift it is useless to me!!!!

Well, if you have rear remotes, I wouldn't be too worried, since a hydraulic top link can fix many ills. If you post pics, if it can be fixed, some of these guys will sure tell you how to fix it.

/ Three point hitch question #9  
Is the hay fork homemade or is it store bought????

/ Three point hitch question #10  
What other implements do you have ?
Do they ALL fail to lift their rear higher than their front when raised ?

Disc harrow, plough, bush hog, whateverelse ?