Mahindra 6500

/ Mahindra 6500 #1  

Slippy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 4wd; IH x2; NHTC40DSS; International 1086; JD 5115M
Anyone know about the Mahindra 6500 thats supposed to come out soon? HP, pto hp, size, turbo, price?

/ Mahindra 6500 #2  
It is rumored to be around 60 pto hp. Basically a turboed 6000 I'd say.

Mahindra is also working on a 85 hp tractor I've heard.

/ Mahindra 6500 #3  
Hey slippy,

The 6500 was at Louisville last week. I've seen some pics. It looks the same as the 6000 with more hp.

Speaking of 6000s how's your's doing?

/ Mahindra 6500
So far, very very pleased. I have used it to put in about a mile of trails with loader and box blade before the winter weather hit. We just got about 2 feet of snow and I was the only on our street that could move the stuff. It worked great. I have added wheel weights to each wheel, canopy, front brush grill, and looking to add a backhoe very soon. Looing forward to using it to build my pole barn this spring. It really was a little less hp than I was looking for on my farm. I thought I would be pushing it to pull a 10' cutter, but have decided to go with a pull type, and from everything I have read and learned, I will be ok. The nice thing is that it is about as big as I can go with my 12000gvw trailer, and that has worked out great as well. I got to tell you, for the price, it really is top notch. The power reverser on my JD was nice, but for the money I saved and the other things I can do because of the savings, no question I made the right decision. The fit, finish, performance, power, durability, traction, and real full size steel fenders, hood, etc., have exceeded by expectations. If Mahindra were smart, they would hire me as a sales agent. Heck, they wouldn't even have to pay me..ha. Dealer has been A+ also. Thanks for asking!

/ Mahindra 6500 #5  
Hey Slippy,

Glad to hear that your Mahindra is working out so good!! Seeing as how it is one of the very few new utility tractor designs out there these days,it's great to know they did it right the first time. They are good looking tractors ,and I hope they soon make it up here!

/ Mahindra 6500 #6  

Attachments

• 238218-Mahindra 6500-1024.jpg
    238218-Mahindra 6500-1024.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 537
   / Mahindra 6500
That looks like it, thanks. Spoke with dealer today. Thinks the price is going to increase by about $2500. Essentially same machine, turbo, taller tires, more hp.