4110 with a front mounted winch

/ 4110 with a front mounted winch #1  

mlitt12345

Silver Member
Tractor
2005 Mahindra 4110
I installed a 8000lb single line pull champion winch from tractor supply to my 4110, had to fabricate a mount for it. Welded some 3/8" flat stock to the top of the front loader crossover support and the frame itself, giving me more strength and metal to mount the winch to. here are a few pics. Thanks, Mike

Attachments

• IMAG0216.jpg
    IMAG0216.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 510
  • IMAG0219.jpg
    IMAG0219.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 2,766
  • IMAG0220.jpg
    IMAG0220.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,231
  • IMAG0223.jpg
    IMAG0223.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,101
   / 4110 with a front mounted winch #2  
I installed a 8000lb single line pull champion winch from tractor supply to my 4110, had to fabricate a mount for it. Welded some 3/8" flat stock to the top of the front loader crossover support and the frame itself, giving me more strength and metal to mount the winch to. here are a few pics. Thanks, Mike

What are you going to do with the winch?

/ 4110 with a front mounted winch
I have hunting lease that I use my tractor to do food plots, bush hogging etc and it has a few wet spots on it that even with 4wd you can get into trouble, I have been stuck a few times. Will be nice to have the ability to winch if necessary. Also can use it to winch logs, move around our heavy shooting houses etc. The only big concern I have with a winch this size is the amp draw so I will have to use a duty cycle to keep from zapping the battery. Thanks, Mike

/ 4110 with a front mounted winch #4  
The only big concern I have with a winch this size is the amp draw so I will have to use a duty cycle to keep from zapping the battery. Thanks, Mike

What about that hot amp using motor blocking airflow to the radiator. Have you read here about known 4110 hot running problems?

But overall it looks like a neat installation.:thumbsup:
hugs, Brandi

/ 4110 with a front mounted winch #5  

Looks cool!!:thumbsup:

/ 4110 with a front mounted winch
Never have had running hot issues with mine. There is plenty of air flow to the radiator there are side grills also and the front ones are not blocked either, the winch sits about 10 inches in front of the grill-hood. Thanks, Mike

/ 4110 with a front mounted winch #7  
I always had heat problems with mine the past 9 years when cutting grass when dry & hot and then about 2 months ago I did the battery box modification to drop the battery down from in front of my radiator. I've cut twice now in this terrible heat we're having this summer and I haven't had a bit of problem with overheating. I can cut my full 5 1/2 acres without having to blow the radiator out until I'm done. Before the mod I would have to stop about once an hour or so to blow the chaff out of the radiator from the engine side in order to keep going. I don't think anything on the outside of the sheetmetal would affect the cooling at all on the 4110.

That winch mount looks nice but I've been in some mighty tight situations with my tractor and I've always gotten myself out by using my FEL bucket. When I worked commercially in Florida there were many times I started sliding sideways down a slope of loose sand and was able to get out with very slow moves and that bucket. I guess the winch might be handy in very specialized instances, especially if you worked in the woods alot with it getting logs.

/ 4110 with a front mounted winch #8  
Boy that is going to save a lot of space in the tractor shed.

Just hang it up at night. :laughing::thumbsup:

/ 4110 with a front mounted winch #9  
Never have had running hot issues with mine. There is plenty of air flow to the radiator there are side grills also and the front ones are not blocked either, the winch sits about 10 inches in front of the grill-hood. Thanks, Mike

Glad to hear it. The winch looks a lot closer than 10 inches.
hugs, Brandi

/ 4110 with a front mounted winch #10  
I always had heat problems with mine the past 9 years when cutting grass when dry & hot and then about 2 months ago I did the battery box modification to drop the battery down from in front of my radiator. I've cut twice now in this terrible heat we're having this summer and I haven't had a bit of problem with overheating. I can cut my full 5 1/2 acres without having to blow the radiator out until I'm done. Before the mod I would have to stop about once an hour or so to blow the chaff out of the radiator from the engine side in order to keep going. I don't think anything on the outside of the sheetmetal would affect the cooling at all on the 4110.

That winch mount looks nice but I've been in some mighty tight situations with my tractor and I've always gotten myself out by using my FEL bucket. When I worked commercially in Florida there were many times I started sliding sideways down a slope of loose sand and was able to get out with very slow moves and that bucket. I guess the winch might be handy in very specialized instances, especially if you worked in the woods alot with it getting logs.
Skip,
Glad to hear the battery reposition stopped the overheating problems.;)
hugs, Brandi