Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    2005 Mahindra 4110

Default 4110 with a front mounted winch

I installed a 8000lb single line pull champion winch from tractor supply to my 4110, had to fabricate a mount for it. Welded some 3/8" flat stock to the top of the front loader crossover support and the frame itself, giving me more strength and metal to mount the winch to. here are a few pics. Thanks, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imag0216-jpg   -imag0219-jpg   -imag0220-jpg   -imag0223-jpg  

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615HST

Default Re: 4110 with a front mounted winch

Quote Originally Posted by mlitt12345 View Post
    I installed a 8000lb single line pull champion winch from tractor supply to my 4110, had to fabricate a mount for it. Welded some 3/8" flat stock to the top of the front loader crossover support and the frame itself, giving me more strength and metal to mount the winch to. here are a few pics. Thanks, Mike
    What are you going to do with the winch?
    I thank God for these gifts: 2005 Mahindra 2615 HST w/loader, (485 hours), and 3710 backhoe. Markham tooth bar, Bush Hog SQ60 rotary cutter, Bush Hog 3507 angle blade, Bush Hog LLR84 landscape rake w/gauge wheels, Rankin loader mounted forks, Paumco Quick Spade, Agri-Ease 3 point log splitter.

Tractor
    2005 Mahindra 4110

I have hunting lease that I use my tractor to do food plots, bush hogging etc and it has a few wet spots on it that even with 4wd you can get into trouble, I have been stuck a few times. Will be nice to have the ability to winch if necessary. Also can use it to winch logs, move around our heavy shooting houses etc. The only big concern I have with a winch this size is the amp draw so I will have to use a duty cycle to keep from zapping the battery. Thanks, Mike

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

The only big concern I have with a winch this size is the amp draw so I will have to use a duty cycle to keep from zapping the battery. Thanks, Mike
    What about that hot amp using motor blocking airflow to the radiator. Have you read here about known 4110 hot running problems?

But overall it looks like a neat installation.
    hugs, Brandi

Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

Looks cool!!

Tractor
    2005 Mahindra 4110

Never have had running hot issues with mine. There is plenty of air flow to the radiator there are side grills also and the front ones are not blocked either, the winch sits about 10 inches in front of the grill-hood. Thanks, Mike

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2001 Mahindra 4110

I always had heat problems with mine the past 9 years when cutting grass when dry & hot and then about 2 months ago I did the battery box modification to drop the battery down from in front of my radiator. I've cut twice now in this terrible heat we're having this summer and I haven't had a bit of problem with overheating. I can cut my full 5 1/2 acres without having to blow the radiator out until I'm done. Before the mod I would have to stop about once an hour or so to blow the chaff out of the radiator from the engine side in order to keep going. I don't think anything on the outside of the sheetmetal would affect the cooling at all on the 4110.

That winch mount looks nice but I've been in some mighty tight situations with my tractor and I've always gotten myself out by using my FEL bucket. When I worked commercially in Florida there were many times I started sliding sideways down a slope of loose sand and was able to get out with very slow moves and that bucket. I guess the winch might be handy in very specialized instances, especially if you worked in the woods alot with it getting logs.
    2001 Mahindra 4110, FEL w/5' & 6' QA buckets & forks for the 5', 6' Atlas boxblade, older 6' Howse rotary, Leinbach 7300 PHD w/9" & 12", MF 2/3 bottom plow, 20"x6' bog disc, KK subsoiler, KK middlebuster, Kubota BL60C 5' tiller, Maschio 6' finish mower.

Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Boy that is going to save a lot of space in the tractor shed.

Just hang it up at night.
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Never have had running hot issues with mine. There is plenty of air flow to the radiator there are side grills also and the front ones are not blocked either, the winch sits about 10 inches in front of the grill-hood. Thanks, Mike
    Glad to hear it. The winch looks a lot closer than 10 inches.
    hugs, Brandi

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by skipmarcy View Post
    I always had heat problems with mine the past 9 years when cutting grass when dry & hot and then about 2 months ago I did the battery box modification to drop the battery down from in front of my radiator. I've cut twice now in this terrible heat we're having this summer and I haven't had a bit of problem with overheating. I can cut my full 5 1/2 acres without having to blow the radiator out until I'm done. Before the mod I would have to stop about once an hour or so to blow the chaff out of the radiator from the engine side in order to keep going. I don't think anything on the outside of the sheetmetal would affect the cooling at all on the 4110.

That winch mount looks nice but I've been in some mighty tight situations with my tractor and I've always gotten myself out by using my FEL bucket. When I worked commercially in Florida there were many times I started sliding sideways down a slope of loose sand and was able to get out with very slow moves and that bucket. I guess the winch might be handy in very specialized instances, especially if you worked in the woods alot with it getting logs.
    Skip,
    Glad to hear the battery reposition stopped the overheating problems.
    hugs, Brandi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast