Another Starting Issue

/ Another Starting Issue #11  
Get a socket and breaker bar on the crank and see if you can turn the motor over

Pull the glow plugs and put in some oil and let it soak

Towing out of woods would make things much easier

Good luck
Joel

If I thought the engine was locked up from setting i would remove the injectors and spray some good penetrating oil into the injector holes. Leave the injectors out and try to crank it over.If it is stuck and you try to force it dry you can break a ring real easy. With the injectors removed the engine should turn over really easy by hand or with the starter. watch out for the oil shooting out from the injector openings. Hope you get it running.:thumbsup:

I think Randall is heading you in the right direction here. It is a good sign that you see the fan trying to move.

What's the buzz on this issue? Joel and Randall have the next step for ya.

/ Another Starting Issue
Haven't pulled the injectors yet, will do it tonight. the weather has been playing heck with me.
Dan

/ Another Starting Issue #13  
If I thought the engine was locked up from setting i would remove the injectors and spray some good penetrating oil into the injector holes. Leave the injectors out and try to crank it over.If it is stuck and you try to force it dry you can break a ring real easy. With the injectors removed the engine should turn over really easy by hand or with the starter. watch out for the oil shooting out from the injector openings. Hope you get it running.:thumbsup:

Jet fuel or Diesel makes an awesome penetrating fluid.:thumbsup: Just put enough in each cylinder to cover the piston and wait a few days.
hugs, Brandi