Another Starting Issue

/ Another Starting Issue #1  

p357mag

Tractor
Mahindra C4005-DI
I need help from the forum starting my 1999 4005 DI. Here is the issue:
It will not start, I have been on this forum a lot and it has answered almost all my questions. When I turn the key all I get is a "THUNK". It's like the motor is stuck. The Tractor has been sitting for a long time (a few years while I was overseas) I went to crank it last month and nothing happened. I changed the battery replaced the ground and the lead wires. Replaced the starter and the solenoid.
The Tractor is stuck in the woods with the bucket in the down position. Yesterday my brother and spent all day trying to get the darn thing running. with no luck at all. I am very frustrated at this point and I知 complete out of ideas. My brother seams to think that the motor is stuck, which is a problem because I can't move the tractor. Does anyone have any ideas?
I have read all the posts on the safety switches but honestly I can稚 find them all.
Thanks
Dan

/ Another Starting Issue #2  
Get a socket and breaker bar on the crank and see if you can turn the motor over

Pull the glow plugs and put in some oil and let it soak

Towing out of woods would make things much easier

Good luck
Joel

/ Another Starting Issue #3  
Did you get it going? I am sure you have already changed the fuel filter and put new diesel in.

/ Another Starting Issue #4  
Make sure you have the machine in neutral. I have seen clutches freeze to the fly wheel.

/ Another Starting Issue
still no luck! I called the HQ yesterday and they suggested that i remove the starter and try a long screwdriver.
I am almost certin that the enginis locked up. keep the advice coming. thank you all!!

Dan

/ Another Starting Issue
I did make sure it's in nuetral, I also have changed all the fluids and filters. I haven't changed the fuel yet. I was just waiting to at least get the tractor to turn over. When I hit the ingition I can see the fan trying to move but other than the "thunk" thats it. I will go back at it about 6:00 EST tonight.

/ Another Starting Issue #7  
If I thought the engine was locked up from setting i would remove the injectors and spray some good penetrating oil into the injector holes. Leave the injectors out and try to crank it over.If it is stuck and you try to force it dry you can break a ring real easy. With the injectors removed the engine should turn over really easy by hand or with the starter. watch out for the oil shooting out from the injector openings. Hope you get it running.:thumbsup:

/ Another Starting Issue
Thats a good idea! i'll try it tonight. thanks
dan

/ Another Starting Issue #9  
If I thought the engine was locked up from setting i would remove the injectors and spray some good penetrating oil into the injector holes. Leave the injectors out and try to crank it over.If it is stuck and you try to force it dry you can break a ring real easy. With the injectors removed the engine should turn over really easy by hand or with the starter. watch out for the oil shooting out from the injector openings. Hope you get it running.:thumbsup:

I think Randall is heading you in the right direction here. It is a good sign that you see the fan trying to move.

/ Another Starting Issue #10  
Was the exhaust covered? it could be hydro locked from rain.