park brake 3016 Shuttle Mahindra

/ park brake 3016 Shuttle Mahindra #1  

Fling54

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
While working with the back hoe I can't seem to get the park brake to stay on, which is really kinda scary when I'm positioned on a hill.
Is there an easy adjustment for this? I didn't have time to even look to see what the problem was. I couldn't get it to stay on even before I could get back to the seat on the backhoe so I had to QUICKLY get back to the tractor seat to step on the brakes. Hope the answer is a simple adjustment!

/ park brake 3016 Shuttle Mahindra #2  
On my 5035, the adjustment procedure is in the owners manual.. If it needs adjustment, it will not 'hold' the tractor...especially when working the hoe. Check your manual... and good luck. :)

/ park brake 3016 Shuttle Mahindra #3  
If it works like my 3215, I used to press down on the brake pedal then lift up on the lever, lift my foot off the brake pedal and hope it would latch. I found it worked better if I gently applied the brakes, lift up on the lever and then push down on the brake pedal until you feel it latch. It seems to seat into the latch notch better this way. I always look and double check it latched however if I get off the tractor.

/ park brake 3016 Shuttle Mahindra #4  
The parking brake on my 3215 started acting up and was real hard to set and then would not stay. I greased it real well and have not had a problem since.

/ park brake 3016 Shuttle Mahindra #5  
Not to be a jerk, but make sure you are using the correct lever to set the parking brake. Just make sure your not trying to use the tilt wheel lever.

/ park brake 3016 Shuttle Mahindra #6  
I just had my dash apart and put it back together today, doing wiring for my rear snowblower and amber beacon. I took time to get a good look at the setup on the 5035. There are a whole bunch of notches that the brake lock pawl can fall into when you push down on the pedals...lift up and release the 'parking brake lock lever'...then lift your foot off the brake pedals. So, the harder you push down on the pedal, the better.... You still should maintain the brake adjustments within what they tell you in the adjustment procedure. But if you only half arse shove down on the pedals when you set the park brake, you could still see some tire motion using the hoe. The side stablizers do most of the work keeping the tractor in place whilst you work the hoe...