Hello and Mahindra 2525 Advice

/ Hello and Mahindra 2525 Advice #1  

OliverD

Tractor
Mahindra 2015
Hello, I'm new to posting on this board, although I've been reading it for a while.
I have about 10 acres of mostly wooded land that I used to lightly maintain with my Mahindra 2015 (some brush cutting and light FEL work on dead trees). However, the tractor was completely destroyed in a wildfire and I am now looking to replace it.
I have found a used 2525, but I am leery of purchasing it having seen some not-so-good reviews of early-model 2525s. I have the serial number. Can that help me to determine if this particular tractor was built after Mahindra ironed out the quality issues with this Chinese-made model?

Thanks in advance.

/ Hello and Mahindra 2525 Advice #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Hello and Mahindra 2525 Advice #3  
Hello & WELCOME to TBN!

I moved your thread to the Mahindra Owning/Operating Forum. :)

/ Hello and Mahindra 2525 Advice #4  
Hello, I'm new to posting on this board, although I've been reading it for a while.
I have about 10 acres of mostly wooded land that I used to lightly maintain with my Mahindra 2015 (some brush cutting and light FEL work on dead trees). However, the tractor was completely destroyed in a wildfire and I am now looking to replace it.
I have found a used 2525, but I am leery of purchasing it having seen some not-so-good reviews of early-model 2525s. I have the serial number. Can that help me to determine if this particular tractor was built after Mahindra ironed out the quality issues with this Chinese-made model?

Thanks in advance.

I'd suggest you stick with a 15 or 16 series. Even the best of the 2525's were no match for the 15 (now 16) series.

/ Hello and Mahindra 2525 Advice
Thanks for the advice. I'm probably going to go with the logical replacement for my 2015, which is now the 2216. It's just that when you see a bigger used tractor with a few extra bells and whistles for less than you'll spend on the new one, it piques your interest...