Engine loses power, RPM

/ Engine loses power, RPM #1  

careystaton

Tractor
Mahindra 3510
Any ideas on what could be causing the engine on a Mahindra 3510 to lose power and almost stall when it is not on level ground? This usually takes about 30 seconds of being inclined before the engine slows.

/ Engine loses power, RPM #2  
When was the last time you cleaned your fuel tank or changed the fuel filter?

/ Engine loses power, RPM
I have not cleaned the fuel tank but have changed the fuel filter and cleaned out the sediment bowl a couple of times but that has not helped. What is strange is that I was down in a hole digging out stumps with the bucket and no problems but then another time was climbing a hill (my land is not level) and the engine lost power so the problem is not consistant. As soon as I return to level ground the problem goes away. Guess I'm going to have to get after the fuel tank and do some cleaning.

/ Engine loses power, RPM #4  
On my little John Deere I have been mowing on a 30 degree slope and the tractor starts sputtering. I get to a level area, turn off the tractor and run up to get 6 gallons of fuel. That fills my tank up to the brim. Engine runs smooth again. I have changed the tank filter and the filter by the pump twice in 14 years. Actually I may have cleaned the tank filter next to the tank a few more times.

/ Engine loses power, RPM #5  
I have not cleaned the fuel tank but have changed the fuel filter and cleaned out the sediment bowl a couple of times but that has not helped. What is strange is that I was down in a hole digging out stumps with the bucket and no problems but then another time was climbing a hill (my land is not level) and the engine lost power so the problem is not consistant. As soon as I return to level ground the problem goes away. Guess I'm going to have to get after the fuel tank and do some cleaning.

Also check the fuel line to make sure it isn't getting pinched somewhere.

/ Engine loses power, RPM #6  
If it were my tractor, I would drain the fuel tank, clean it out along with the fuel lines with a compressor, put fresh fuel in it and see if that cures it.
The only cost is diesel fuel..

/ Engine loses power, RPM #7  
So, is there a drain in the 3510 tank or how do I get to the 'tank filter' ?

I looked at the manual today, but nothing helpful about the tank.

/ Engine loses power, RPM #9  
Another thing no one mentioned is to check your air filter. A clogged filter will bog down the motor too. You won't notice it on level ground but will on an incline which puts more load on the motor.
Fuel quality and moisture in fuel will also cause this problem.

/ Engine loses power, RPM #10  
This is an Old Post but I don't see a solution. If Hydraulic transmission, I'd check the Hydralic filters.
If fluid can't circulate then it strains the Pump which strains the engine.