Anyone else using their Mahindra during the hurricane?

/ Anyone else using their Mahindra during the hurricane? #1  

manganos

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2516
Mine has been on the last 8 hours running a PTO generator for the house. We have everything on except the AC. It is killing me to leave it out in the rain but it beats having no power ;)

/ Anyone else using their Mahindra during the hurricane? #2  
It really wont hurt it. I bought my 2816 in November of 2010 as a holdover model. Figured it sat in the rain/snow on the dealer lot for a year before I bought it so it's not going to hurt it if I work it in the rain/snow.

I would just make sure you grease everything extra good before you put it away and it should be fine.

Just was mowing with mine and it's 95 + here and has not rained in over a month.

/ Anyone else using their Mahindra during the hurricane?
Turned off the tractor for the night and just started it again for the PTO generator. The only downside is I can't use the tractor to clean up around the property and use the generator at the same time. Other then that I'm quite pleased with the tractor/generator combination!

/ Anyone else using their Mahindra during the hurricane? #4  
How much fuel are you burning running the gen. How large of gen is it? What rpm do you run it at? Was looking into getting one and it sounds like it's working for you. Best of luck with Irene

/ Anyone else using their Mahindra during the hurricane?
Using about 5 gals in 8 hours at 540 RPM. 540 RPM brings the voltage to the proper level according to the gauge on the generator. It is a 13kw unit mounted on a small trailer. It worked great and we are now back on commercial power!