6000 2 wd pto shift lever problem

/ 6000 2 wd pto shift lever problem #1  

rwcaldwell

Tractor
mahindra 6000 2 wd
I just had a new pto shaft put in the 6000 and worked fine till yesterday. When I engaged it there was no grinding or anything but the shift just sorta went limp.....like it's not connected to anything inside. Is this accessible from the top under the seat? roll pin possibly holding the shift to the collar? I ordered a manual but it won't be here till Friday or so. Any help welcome> Thanks.

/ 6000 2 wd pto shift lever problem #2  
This is a dumb question, but did you check the PTO linkage from the lever back to where it goes into the left side of the differential?? BobG in Va

/ 6000 2 wd pto shift lever problem #3  
I just had a new pto shaft put in the 6000 and worked fine till yesterday. When I engaged it there was no grinding or anything but the shift just sorta went limp.....like it's not connected to anything inside. Is this accessible from the top under the seat? roll pin possibly holding the shift to the collar? I ordered a manual but it won't be here till Friday or so. Any help welcome> Thanks.

I believe you lost the screw that attaches the plate that holds the linkage in the transmission case. PM me your email address and I will send you the parts breakdown of it.

/ 6000 2 wd pto shift lever problem
I'll post this for anyone having the same problem. The lever goes into the left side of the tractor through a plate held by 3 bolts. Remove the step for better access, take the bolts out and work the pto lever assembly out the side. There is a shift lever on the end of the pto shaft that fits into a slip collar that rides on the pto shaft. On mine the little pin (kinda like a roll pin) had sheared and thus the shaft was just turning in the shift shaft lever. From what I have read and heard this is a pretty common problem with mahindras. I had to take a magnet to find the shift lever that had fallen. Anyway, not a bad fix. The little roll type pin costs about $2. I hope this helps someone else with similar problem.

/ 6000 2 wd pto shift lever problem #5  
My PTO keeps popping out of gear. I bent the shift lever so it would stay in the on and off stops. Helped for a little while then started to pop out of gear again. The 3 bolt collar seems to be a bit sloppy so I am trying to find the complete part. I am having trouble finding the part and it seems like I will be working blind trying to get the pin in the grove of the slide collar. If anyone has a suggestion I would really appreciate the help.