Gold Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2216

Default 2216 FEL Hydraulics

I've had the 2216 a few months and it's a great little tractor. As of late I've noticed that after leaving the loader bucket tipped slightly so water doesn't collect in it when parked, that after a little more than a week the bucket has settled to level. Should I expect the bucket to hold it's position indefinitely or is some leakage through the hydraulics due to gravity the norm?
    My previous tractor was a Ford 9N and its hydraulics wouldn't hold the bucket in place for more than a half hour without dropping.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Default Re: 2216 FEL Hydraulics

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF48 View Post
    I've had the 2216 a few months and it's a great little tractor. As of late I've noticed that after leaving the loader bucket tipped slightly so water doesn't collect in it when parked, that after a little more than a week the bucket has settled to level. Should I expect the bucket to hold it's position indefinitely or is some leakage through the hydraulics due to gravity the norm?
    My previous tractor was a Ford 9N and its hydraulics wouldn't hold the bucket in place for more than a half hour without dropping.
    Perfectly normal. There is always a little bit of bypass from one side of the piston inside the cylinder to the other, and also there can be a little inside the valve. Now if you shut it off and you can watch it settle, that is different.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California