Loader 2216 FEL Hydraulics

/ 2216 FEL Hydraulics #1  

MarkF48

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2216
I've had the 2216 a few months and it's a great little tractor. As of late I've noticed that after leaving the loader bucket tipped slightly so water doesn't collect in it when parked, that after a little more than a week the bucket has settled to level. Should I expect the bucket to hold it's position indefinitely or is some leakage through the hydraulics due to gravity the norm?
My previous tractor was a Ford 9N and its hydraulics wouldn't hold the bucket in place for more than a half hour without dropping.:)

/ 2216 FEL Hydraulics #2  
I've had the 2216 a few months and it's a great little tractor. As of late I've noticed that after leaving the loader bucket tipped slightly so water doesn't collect in it when parked, that after a little more than a week the bucket has settled to level. Should I expect the bucket to hold it's position indefinitely or is some leakage through the hydraulics due to gravity the norm?
My previous tractor was a Ford 9N and its hydraulics wouldn't hold the bucket in place for more than a half hour without dropping.:)

Perfectly normal. There is always a little bit of bypass from one side of the piston inside the cylinder to the other, and also there can be a little inside the valve. Now if you shut it off and you can watch it settle, that is different.