Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Default loud clacking in the front end... shuttle 3016

Well.. I think I busted something good this time.

I was just starting to backup up with a load of sand in the front bucket and the front end let loose with a heck of a clatter. Sounded like gear splines busting away as I could see nothing loose and it was loud.

I was in 4wd and 2nd/Lo and just hit the pile, filled the bucket and was backing away.

Any chance this will be a warranty repair?

I didn't have a chance to take it to the dealer yet but I will drop it off on Friday. I'll pull the loader off so it's easier for them to inspect.

Tractor is a 3016 with 30 hrs on it.

-Luke

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra -------------

Default Re: loud clacking in the front end... shuttle 3016

Are you using any ballast weight in the rear. If you use the tractor a lot for front loader work you should be using ballast weight in the rear. When you have a load in the loader bucket, it takes the weight off of the main drive wheels and the small gears in the front end up taking all of the stress. I will bet that Mahindra will cover the repairs under the warranty, but the rear ballast weight is important.
    Galen LaWall
    Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
    185 Pearl Street
    Batavia, New York 14020

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 4110 FEL, New Holland TC40 FEL and Backhoe, New Holland TC29, IH Farmall 806 LP with FEL, Exmark Zero Turn

I have a 4110, First time I had this issue I had stripped the splines on the front drive shaft. Second time dummy me loaned tractor to a friend and he stripped the ring and pinion out of the front end. I have since learned to use 4WD only when necessary when heavy loads are in bucket. Both issues were due to being over loaded while in 4WD in my opinion. I do tend to work machines hard at times.
    Bill Beyer
    Brighton Tn.

Tractor
    Mahindra 3016 Shuttle

Hmmmm, I have recently purchased a 3016 and it has 24.6 hrs on it. I hope this is not a problem with these machines..............

Lawalls, do you recommend loading the rear tires in a 3215HST? i have heard both ways about loading tires on a HST..

thanks in advance.
    Rob

OP, i have done the same thing with mine and it was a warranty repair..

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 4110 FEL, New Holland TC40 FEL and Backhoe, New Holland TC29, IH Farmall 806 LP with FEL, Exmark Zero Turn

Just wanted to clarify that both times I had problem with my Mahindra front end, I am certain it was heavily over loaded and my fault. Not the tractors fault.
    Bill Beyer
    Brighton Tn.

Tractor
    2008 Mahindra 5525, 1964 MF-135 diesel, 1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF, 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop, 1949 JD B widefront

Quote Originally Posted by jlukem View Post
    Well.. I think I busted something good this time.

I was just starting to backup up with a load of sand in the front bucket and the front end let loose with a heck of a clatter. Sounded like gear splines busting away as I could see nothing loose and it was loud.

I was in 4wd and 2nd/Lo and just hit the pile, filled the bucket and was backing away.

Any chance this will be a warranty repair?

I didn't have a chance to take it to the dealer yet but I will drop it off on Friday. I'll pull the loader off so it's easier for them to inspect.

Tractor is a 3016 with 30 hrs on it.

-Luke
    If your front wheels were unable to spin when you shoved the bucket into the sand pile and pushed hard to load the bucket with a big scoop, then that's when the damage was done. That's why you shouldn't operate in 4WD when scooping stuff with the FEL while the wheels are on a concrete surface or any surface that prevents the front wheels from spinning because of too much traction on the front wheels. The front wheels have to be able to break traction when the forward motion stops in filling the bucket. That's the first thing the sales guy told me when I was testing my first tractor with an FEL--a new 2005 Kubota B7510HST that had 4WD.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra -------------

Quote Originally Posted by rcrupper View Post
    Lawalls, do you recommend loading the rear tires in a 3215HST? i have heard both ways about loading tires on a HST..

thanks in advance.
    Rob

OP, i have done the same thing with mine and it was a warranty repair..
    Rob,
    If you are using the tractor a lot, doing front loader work, I would recomend loading the rear tires, or putting a decent amount of ballast weight on the 3 PH.
    Galen LaWall
    Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
    185 Pearl Street
    Batavia, New York 14020

Tractor
    Mahindra 3215HST

I had all 4 tires loaded on my 3215HST. I think it makes the whole tractor feel more stable when using the FEL as well as on inclines not to mention ground engaging work.

'06 Mahindra 3215HST,KMW ML111 FEL,BushHog SBX65 Boxblade,BushHog RZ160 Rotary Cutter,Kasco KOS604 Seeder,Cosmo 250 3PT Spreader,Southern 6' Landscape Rake,Rhino LR 6' Rear Blade

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

I too have all 4 tires filled with the 7520 4x4 and the 3215HST. I was disappointed with how the 3215 worked even with a heavy 3pt attachment on the rear. Loaded the tires and the tractor handles better and is FAR more capable than without loaded tires. I can not imagine working one of these smaller tractors without loaded tires.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast