Mahindra 5500 Owners Manual

/ Mahindra 5500 Owners Manual #1  

Anonymous Poster

FYI - I found an error and an ommission in my owners manual for the 4500/5500/6000. In 2 places, pg 15 & 31(I think - don't have manual in front of me) it says don't run PTO with tractor transmission in HIGH range. Contacted Mahindra tech. service, my dealer, and the district mngr all said the samething - that warning ONLY applies to tractors with a single stage clutch such as the E350 - it does NOT apply to the 00 series since they have 2 stage clutches. All 3 people I talked to knew right away what I was talking about and that this information was incorrect for the 00 series, they didn't have to look it up or contact someone else - they knew. Speaks well for the Mahindra people and their knowledge of the product.
In addition when I finally got some "seat" time I saw a small green light located at the high end of the RPM scale (right in front of the rabbit) come on at regular intervals. I checked the OM but it has nothing on this light. Since I needed to talk to the District Mngr anyway I asked him about it. He said it simply meant the hour meter was working. He said he had made several suggestions (incl. this) to the Mahindra Hdqtrs about changes/additions to the OM's (incl. the PTO/high range I've already mentioned).
So far I am very impressed with the Mahindra organization, the people I've dealt with (Mike Junkin - District Mngr, Stacy Scott - Scott Tractor in Jackson, MS, and 2 Tech. Rep [names are at home] at Mahindra have all been very knowledgable and helpful.
It's things like that that make you feel you've made the right choice with Mahindra.
P.S. YES, we need a Mahindra section.

/ Mahindra 5500 Owners Manual
I noticed the same things and got the same answers from my dealer, glad to here it is consistent. I also had to ask about the red light above the horn button, it shows that the manifold air preheater is on. Chet