Loader Front Loader Quick Hitch 2816 with KMW ML 106 Loader HELP Please!

/ Front Loader Quick Hitch 2816 with KMW ML 106 Loader HELP Please! #1  

digger357

Tractor
Mahindra 2816 4WD
Hello, I am new to the forum and just bought my first Mahindra. A 2816 with a KMW ML106 Loader. After buying it, I discovered there are tractors with quick release front end loaders that allow owners to drop the front bucket and use skid steer type attachments like pallet forks and hay spears, etc.

I think I would like that, but I am having a very difficult time finding out what to buy and where. My dealer isn't much help. The person on the phone told me they didn't make a quick release for my tractor loader and I find that hard to believe. I bought the tractor used and understand they may have been more help if I bought a new tractor from them, but I will need parts so I would think they wouldn't mind at least pointing me in the right direction.

I would really appreciate any info on converting mine over so I could use skid steer type attachments. I realize my bucket will also have to somehow be modified.

Thanks in advance.

/ Front Loader Quick Hitch 2816 with KMW ML 106 Loader HELP Please! #2  
Hey Digger, you might try, Unlimited Fabrication, Google, or email rootgrapple@gmail.com, or call 336-247-1270. It won't be cheap but man is it worth it. Good luck, Jim

/ Front Loader Quick Hitch 2816 with KMW ML 106 Loader HELP Please! #3  
I can't say for sure about your model loader but I bought the quick attach adapter for my ML112 loader and a new, matching bucket thru a Mahindra dealer that came from KMW about 7 years ago.My tractor came with a 5' pin-on bucket. I would think KMW makes the adapter for your loader too - thay call it a "tool carrier". If you can't get a Mahindra dealer to help you, contact KMW. I converted my old pin-on bucket to QA with a weld-on plate I bought for $120 - cut the old mounting tabs off and welded the plate on. I keep my forks mounted on the old 5' bucket and my newer bucket is a 6' that I use for material handling. When I bought mine thru Mahindra 7 years ago I paid $600 for the adapter and $600 for the bucket - definitely not cheap but well-worth it in the long run.

/ Front Loader Quick Hitch 2816 with KMW ML 106 Loader HELP Please! #4  
Yes it can be done at cost of about 1000- 1200 dollars, give or take a little. Mahindra does not make an adapter specificly for the ML106, as the lift capacity is only arround 1050 lbs and the adapter will add 100 lbs plus, lowering your lift capacity down to 900 - 950 lbs.

/ Front Loader Quick Hitch 2816 with KMW ML 106 Loader HELP Please!
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help.

/ Front Loader Quick Hitch 2816 with KMW ML 106 Loader HELP Please! #6  
digger, I think it will take a new bucket as well as the other hardware. Then you will have a bucket that you can not use.

/ Front Loader Quick Hitch 2816 with KMW ML 106 Loader HELP Please! #7  
I'm probably wrong on this but i thought the ML 106 and the ML108H were the same frame, 106 had smaller cylinders though.I got a "tool Carrier" from my Mahindra dealer about 4 years ago. I have 2 tractors now and it is a MUST! ! ! heres the only pictures i have and i have my forks on and transporting one of my buckets to a job. . .
I know there are companies that custom build tool carriers for tractors, all you need is to fill in the numbers for loader arm distances and dump cylinder pin in relation to loader pin and away you go. Internet search will help. Good luck . . . John

Attachments

• 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 1,688
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    668.5 KB · Views: 1,536
   / Front Loader Quick Hitch 2816 with KMW ML 106 Loader HELP Please! #8  
Just did a quick search . . . check out HORST WELDING for universal hitches. Not to bash any brand but JD is not a universal hitch. . . .John

/ Front Loader Quick Hitch 2816 with KMW ML 106 Loader HELP Please! #9  
(Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure) sells weld on adapter plates for attachments and several universal quick attach units for the loader arms.

/ Front Loader Quick Hitch 2816 with KMW ML 106 Loader HELP Please! #10  
I choose to leave my loader all the time. My property have a lot of slopes and the loader helps in the navigation of these. I have seen a MF with a quick release loader and it was pretty cool.