3-Point Hitch 2615 3pt hitch hydralics

/ 2615 3pt hitch hydralics #1  

Blue_Sky

Bronze Member
Tractor
2006 2615 4WD Mahindra
The 3 pt hitch hydralics on my 2615 Mahindra tractor stopped working this afternoon. It is stuck in the up position. The lever which raises and lowers the 3 pt hich mechanism will move but with some difficulty but the hitch remains in the up position. Any ideas or suggestions. Thank you for your assistance.

/ 2615 3pt hitch hydralics #2  
First thing to check is the speed control knob located straight down from the front of your seat. If the knob is closed (fully clockwise) the 3 pt. won't lower. If it is closed, turn it to the left. It controls the speed at which the 3 pt. lowers.
As to the linkage, it requires a good spray with penetrating lube several times a year (at least mine does) to keep them moving freely.

/ 2615 3pt hitch hydralics #3  
I agree with George 2615 i had to spray wd 40 on my levers where they go into the casing and you need to check the lowering knob. What were you doing when it quit working

/ 2615 3pt hitch hydralics
I had been using a middle breaking plow and I did not lower it all the way down that night. The next day the 3 pt. hitch was stuck in the up position and would not come down. I took a come-a-long and attached one end to the ROPS - put a chain on the arms and lifted it up as far as I could. I was thinking that a valve was stuck and this would take the pressure off and the unit would lower. This did not work. I then took the seat and metal plates off and found a lot of dirt there. I cleaned the dirt off and then blew it off using the air compressor. I repeated this procedure a couple of times, paying special attention to the moving part areas. I took some WD40 and liberally sprayed the moving part areas. I began working the lever and the 3 pt. hitch began moving like it did when it was new. I am eventually going to replace the lever - it is slightly bent - it works fine but I will replace it sometime.

/ 2615 3pt hitch hydralics #5  
I agree with George 100 percent! Chech the speed lowering knob. My Mahindra is slow to turn itself off unlike my Kioti, don't back the knob out past the resistance felt, it will come apart and then the "Fun begins" I don't know why it turns itself in but mind does. Dealer can't explain it ither. . .John

/ 2615 3pt hitch hydralics #6  
I agree with George 100 percent! Chech the speed lowering knob. My Mahindra is slow to turn itself off unlike my Kioti, don't back the knob out past the resistance felt, it will come apart and then the "Fun begins" I don't know why it turns itself in but mind does. Dealer can't explain it ither. . .John

Mine actually has a locking nut on the threads so once the down speed is set it can be locked in place.