Tractor
    2006 2615 4WD Mahindra

Default 2615 3pt hitch hydralics

The 3 pt hitch hydralics on my 2615 Mahindra tractor stopped working this afternoon. It is stuck in the up position. The lever which raises and lowers the 3 pt hich mechanism will move but with some difficulty but the hitch remains in the up position. Any ideas or suggestions. Thank you for your assistance.

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

Default Re: 2615 3pt hitch hydralics

First thing to check is the speed control knob located straight down from the front of your seat. If the knob is closed (fully clockwise) the 3 pt. won't lower. If it is closed, turn it to the left. It controls the speed at which the 3 pt. lowers.
    As to the linkage, it requires a good spray with penetrating lube several times a year (at least mine does) to keep them moving freely.

Tractor
    Mahindra 4035

I agree with George 2615 i had to spray wd 40 on my levers where they go into the casing and you need to check the lowering knob. What were you doing when it quit working

Tractor
    2006 2615 4WD Mahindra

I had been using a middle breaking plow and I did not lower it all the way down that night. The next day the 3 pt. hitch was stuck in the up position and would not come down. I took a come-a-long and attached one end to the ROPS - put a chain on the arms and lifted it up as far as I could. I was thinking that a valve was stuck and this would take the pressure off and the unit would lower. This did not work. I then took the seat and metal plates off and found a lot of dirt there. I cleaned the dirt off and then blew it off using the air compressor. I repeated this procedure a couple of times, paying special attention to the moving part areas. I took some WD40 and liberally sprayed the moving part areas. I began working the lever and the 3 pt. hitch began moving like it did when it was new. I am eventually going to replace the lever - it is slightly bent - it works fine but I will replace it sometime.

Tractor
    Mahindra 2810 HST, Kioti DK35SE HST

I agree with George 100 percent! Chech the speed lowering knob. My Mahindra is slow to turn itself off unlike my Kioti, don't back the knob out past the resistance felt, it will come apart and then the "Fun begins" I don't know why it turns itself in but mind does. Dealer can't explain it ither. . .John
    Lord, Help me to be the man my dog thinks i am . . .John. Mahindra 2810HST, 108H loader with Quick tach buckets and forks. Kioti DK35SE HST with loader, Hyd. top link and second set of rear remotes, 60" and 66" buckets, Kubota 900 RTV and a bunch of other good stuff
    Buy more equipment, It makes life easier.!

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

Quote Originally Posted by jpm1 View Post
    I agree with George 100 percent! Chech the speed lowering knob. My Mahindra is slow to turn itself off unlike my Kioti, don't back the knob out past the resistance felt, it will come apart and then the "Fun begins" I don't know why it turns itself in but mind does. Dealer can't explain it ither. . .John
    Mine actually has a locking nut on the threads so once the down speed is set it can be locked in place.