Mahindra 5035 fuel tank

/ Mahindra 5035 fuel tank #1  

Bvinson2002

Tractor
2010 T1510 New Holland
I am highly considering buying a new 5035 but my concern is the placement of the plastic fuel tank that hangs right off the side of the tractor. I can see my self running a stick or throwing a rock up and pucturing it. Have any of you had any trouble with this? Thanks

/ Mahindra 5035 fuel tank #2  
My Dodge diesel pickup has a 30 something [ 36?] gallon tank made the same as my Mahindra tank. It has been out in the boonies lots of times. I wouldn't worry about a rock, but a big pointed stick is another matter. If you fill your tank with 5 or 6 gallon diesel cans....you will quickly learn to love it down there. I am getting too old to balance on the front tire of my JD2240 with a diesel can and funnel... I personally like it down there... I seem to remember seeing other tractor makes doing the same thing now.

/ Mahindra 5035 fuel tank #4  
I have a 4035 and its tank is its there also. I also worry about running a stick through it but have yet to do so. it is great to fill. I lay my can on the floorboard and walk away. Come back and the can is empty.

/ Mahindra 5035 fuel tank
That makes me feel better. Thanks

/ Mahindra 5035 fuel tank #6  
I love my 4035. I can't say enough good about it. I have put about 100 hours in it since last May. It has far exceeded my expectations. It is well built and very capable.

/ Mahindra 5035 fuel tank #7  
If you look close at my 2007 Mahindra 6520, that has the filler port just to the right and behind the seat, you will see that the tank is exposed in a few places enough to worry about sharp limbs and is down low like the one you are referring about. No holes yet in my tank and climbing up on the backhoe or the 3PH, when the rotary mower is attached, is a pain. If the tank location is a concern, you can always make lite weight shields to bolt around the tank. Enjoy fueling from the ground.:thumbsup:
hugs, Brandi

/ Mahindra 5035 fuel tank #8  
If you look close at my 2007 Mahindra 6520, that has the filler port just to the right and behind the seat, you will see that the tank is exposed in a few places enough to worry about sharp limbs and is down low like the one you are referring about. No holes yet in my tank and climbing up on the backhoe or the 3PH, when the rotary mower is attached, is a pain. If the tank location is a concern, you can always make lite weight shields to bolt around the tank. Enjoy fueling from the ground.:thumbsup:
hugs, Brandi

Brandi, I know that you work on planes, but don't all tractor owners fuel from the ground. I have NEVER heard of mid air refueling for tractors. :confused2: :rolleyes:

/ Mahindra 5035 fuel tank #9  
Brandi, I know that you work on planes, but don't all tractor owners fuel from the ground. I have NEVER heard of mid air refueling for tractors. :confused2: :rolleyes:

I wonder if she will answer...??? She has been pretty upidty since posing for that Mahindra 'Women in Ag Rise' poster..... :)

/ Mahindra 5035 fuel tank #10  
Brian and Jerry,
Very funny.:rolleyes: See attached photo for clarification.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• Brandi & her Kimber resized 2.jpg
    Brandi & her Kimber resized 2.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 285