Mahindra vs Kubota vs NH etc

/ Mahindra vs Kubota vs NH etc #1  
Tractor
Kubota L3430
I'm brand new to the board/web site and have looked at Kubota GrandL 3430, NH Tc33D and Landtrac 360DTC. Until now only because of one negative comment about the older Mahindra's I've not considered them but am now looking at them. The local dealer quoted me 16200 for the 3510 and FEL. Does this figure sound good? Some other questions I have are: Is the telescopic lower arms on the 3 point hitch a nice accessory? Is the Synchro Shift Transmission on the Kubota really that much nicer/smoother than other shuttle shift transmissions? Is the increased weight very often a disadvantage 3510 weighs 3881lbs vs 3430 weighs 3305 vs TC 33 weighs 2474 vs 360DTC weighs 3100 lbs as regards damage to lawns? Can you add a tooth blade to the Mahindra FEL? Sorry for all the questions but I'm glad to be on the board.

/ Mahindra vs Kubota vs NH etc #2  
Billy
That price doesn't sound to far off. I just bought a 4110 for $16,800 with FEL. As far as the weight goes the only way to get the hp to the ground is by weight, so it may marr up the lawn more but will push the FEL better. Also I got R4 tires they are inbetween turf and ag tires. And yes you can get an attachment teeth for the bucket ( one long piece that bolts on) is the one I saw. I looked at Kubota also but for the extra hp and much less money Mahindra was my choice. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Mahindra vs Kubota vs NH etc #3  
Wellll, I too am buying a new tractor. I have two friends with Kubota's, Both are L3000's, one is several years old and is used daily by a concrete driveway installer. I spoke to him recently and asked him what repairs he has had to do.....absolutely none! He does keep maintenence a high priority, without his tractor he doesn't work!I guess he has changed hydralic lines. He has fel, BH, Jackhammer, BB and it works great! The other friends tractor is a year old, he does a lot of Bushogging, and garden prepping, not daily working, but a lot of work. After a year,....No Problems. So,...to get to the bottom of this.....I'll tell you what my wife said, What the @#%$ is a Mahindra, Why would I even look at that? She said if I'm gonna spend THAT MUCH MONEY, spend the extra grand, and get what I Know is gonna hold up, So, I'm Buying the Kubota GL 3130 DT FST with LA723 fel, HD600 series cutter, 5' BB, and R4 tires with 16' trailer for $18,400.00 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Because my wife told me too! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif BTW, I pick it up on Tuesday!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Mahindra vs Kubota vs NH etc #4  
I just purchased a new Mahindra 6000, FWD with FEL. I came to the decision, after a lot of research, that the Mahindra was the “BIGGEST BANG FOR THE BUCK”. As for the extra weight, there is no substitution for weight when you are putting the Horsepower to the ground. I use it on my pastures and hay fields and I have not noticed any appreciable damage. I looked at the reliability factor, the design of the components, (X-Aerospace Engineer) and the cost of consumables like filters and such. They are much cheaper than other makes. I was impressed with the fact that you have everything you need and nothing you don’t. It is simplicity that will be a workhorse for a long time to come. Keep in mind that I used 50+-year-old tractors prior to this one and with the way it is put together, it should last at least 50 years. If it does then someone else will have to worry about its longevity because I won’t last another 50 years. (HA, Ha,)

/ Mahindra vs Kubota vs NH etc #5  
Congratulations on your Kubota purchase, they are good tractors, and a good price that you got, but I can remember when they were first introduced in the US. people asked what the @#96$ is a Kubota from Japan. So in all fairness give Mahindra a chance!
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Mahindra vs Kubota vs NH etc #6  
Congrats on your new 6000. I'm sure you will be happy with it. I have put over 200 hours on mine and it has run great. One of the added pluses is that my has done great on fuel consumption. Did not really consider that when purchasing, but as it turns out, it has done real well. I have yet to pull a 10' cutter with it, but anticipate it will not be a problem. I actually put wheel weights on mine, and that has helped with the loader work.