Mahindra overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Mahindra overheating #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a 2810 and it overheat when you are bushhogging in the fall of year. It suck in all the weed seed clogging the radiator. You can't cut a 1/2 acre without it heating up. I have talk to 3 dealers and all know about problem but have know solutions. Called Mahindra tech they told me this is normal. No solutions. wonder if anyone has any solutions. I will never buy another Mahindra because their dealer support and factory tech don't care if they find a solution to problem. If a company wants to stay in business you have to give support after you sold product. Anyone with any suggestions please Email me at knthomas@spitfire.com /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Mahindra overheating #2  
Saw,
This is normal for any tractor that is operated in dusty, seedy or dry dirt conditions. Anytime, that there is trash in the air it will find its way in to plug the radiator. The dealer and reps. haven't found a solution because the problem has been around as long as have water cooled tractors. Several folks including myself have come up with ways to help with the problem, but not anything that I would think that could be put into production. Sorry but I think that this will be about as good as it will get in a follow up. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Mahindra overheating
It is hard for me to believe in 2003 an new tractor can not be designed so it suck in weed seed and overheat. I know it use to be a problem in older tractors. BUt in 2003 we have no better engineering talent. I guess I can tell my customers I can't bushhog after july 1. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Mahindra overheating #4  
The 2810 better not overheat at 1/2 acre. I have 15 acres to brush hog. Haven't done any yet, have to wait till it grows in.

/ Mahindra overheating #5  
SAW,
Even with the radiator plugged up, it should not get that hot on half an acre unless the water is also low. I would guess that your Mahindra has a removable radiator screen. Ever so often it needs to be cleaned. Duh, you probable already knew that. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It it has been washed out with a hose several times and then put right back in the dust, the dust can collect inbetween the fins. When you wash it off it may look clean, but in the fins where you can't see may still be plugged up. It this the problem, you can get a can of oven cleaner and spray it on the radiator then let it sit for about five minutes. You will be surprised how much more dirt will come out with the hose then.

/ Mahindra overheating
Jerry, I have washed the radiator out with a hose many times. It finally fills the fins of the radiator so full the only way to clean it out is pull the loader off take the screen in front of the radiator out and take an air hose and blow all the debris out of radiator fins. All I am saying a 2002 tractor should not be designed that this happens. Mahindra knows I have a problem and are unwilling to offer any solutions to help with this problem. I am very happy with all other features and performance with tractor. But if 3 dealers know there is a problem with these tractor and are unwilling to help with a solution in my eye Mahindra service and tech are useless. In the equipment business as any business service is everything. If Mahindra can't offer service their tractors are useless. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Mahindra overheating
Makers Mark, You will not have a problem till the fall of the year when plants have went to seed. If these tractors are this way they need to have disclaimer we offer no service support And not to be used in the fall of the year for bushhogging. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Mahindra overheating #8  
This is an on going problem with lots of tractors. There is a reversing fan out there from Europe that blows dust,dirt and debris out of the radiator. Or you could try getting one of the flexible screens that they mount on cars and trucks,and wrap it around the front of your tractor. Many companies suffer from this problem, not just Mahindra. Maybe try cutting before the weeds have set the seed........but then again that is bad for business if you do not reseed the weeds I guess!!

/ Mahindra overheating #9  
257975-Grille%20Cleaning%20Time%20-505.jpg

This "black" grille needs some attention while brush hogging a swamp area...

The operator of the tractor must perform periodic “cleaning maintenance” while brush hogging… That is one of the REQUIRED DUTIES and the operator’s responsibility…

Just as you are expected to check your engine oil level, radiator coolant level, and the multiple fasteners on the tractor’s wheels and undercarriage for correct torque/tightness… you are required to do certain things while using the tractor with each individual implement according to the task at hand…

Depending on what you are brush hogging… you must clean the grille and radiator areas… sometimes you have to disembark the tractor every 10 or 15 minutes while cutting through a silky cattail swamp area (as noted in my picture), other times you get off every 40 – 50 minutes…

Nothing is etched in concrete… but you must do it to prevent this potential overheating problem… that will be caused if you elect to do nothing (or wait too long)…

Attachments

• 257975-Grille Cleaning Time -505.jpg
    257975-Grille Cleaning Time -505.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 597
   / Mahindra overheating #10  
Saw -

<font color="blue">It is hard for me to believe in 2003 an new tractor can not be designed so it suck in weed seed and overheat. I know it use to be a problem in older tractors. BUt in 2003 we have no better engineering talent.

All I am saying a 2002 tractor should not be designed that this happens.

....and are unwilling to help with a solution in my eye Mahindra service and tech are useless. In the equipment business as any business service is everything. If Mahindra can't offer service their tractors are useless. </font>

I'm truly sorry you are having problems with your tractor, but it seems you are being a little harsh with the techs and Mahindra as a company on the whole. I'm not saying this because I own a Mahindra, I'm saying because as others have pointed out, lots of other brands of tractors have the same problem. (I did a search on posts on TBN and found overheating complaints while mowing with John Deere, Kubota, PowerTrack, etc....)

Should ALL tractor manufacturers come up with a better system to prevent this problem? Sure! But to go around and badmouth a company essentially saying they are worthless because they are reacting the same way as any other manufacturer would is over the edge in my book. Essentially you are implying that Kubota, Deere, or any number of other companies WOULD address you better - which it is obvious they wouldn't since other people are complaining about the exact same overheating issue associated with those brands. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Again, I am truly sorry that you are having problems, and I understand your frustration. If it really bothers you that much, sell your Mahindra, buy a comparable Deere (or Kubota, or etc.) and use it instead. Unfortunately I don't think this will solve a either problem (i.e. the overheating or the "unresponsive" techs/company) as I suspect you'll have the same issue with the other brand(s) you purchase, but at least you can badmouth all the other tractor manufacturers out there as well, which might make you feel better, even if it doesn't accomplish anything. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.